Maiden At The O2 This August?

I worry slightly that the uptake of tickets won't be as good as it might have been had they not played at Download, or if they had announced the date earlier, and this could affect future decisions to play shows in the UK.

Yeh, my thoughts exactly. I mean, look at the official website too --dates were being announced back in October 2012, for this leg of the tour. Yet the UK gets six/seven weeks notice. That said, I'm sure they'll sell out the O2 no problem; it isn't a stadium or anything. Nowhere near the size of Twickenham, for example. Just don't think I'll be there...

Before they announced the O2, their Facebook page was getting comments with a lot of 'likes' about not playing enough UK dates.

What I don't like is that it's two shows in London. I think we're all expecting the second show to be added, and the fact that there's the potential for one shows that the band and management expect it as well. However, if they expect two shows then why don't they do one show in London and another in a city further north, such as Manchester or Glasgow? It doesn't bother me so much this time around since I'm in Birmingham until September and I can get back after the concert, but every band does this and it's really bloody annoying.

I wonder why they didn't organise & announce this date earlier.

I'm not entirely sure if this is true but I've heard that so long as day tickets for Download were still on sale Maiden were contractually unable to announce further dates in the UK, it could explain why they waited until their own set at the festival to announce the date.

They shouldn't have played it then.

In my opinion, they're playing way too many festival dates at the beginning of this leg of the tour; something like eight. It puzzles me (now that they're all getting on) why they'd want to play all this crap instead of their own gigs. I mean, why? Why two back-to-back (31st & 1st) Sonisphere dates in Spain? Why didn't they just play Barcelona &/or Madrid themselves? Italy & France (both Sonisphere) back-to-back (Sat./Sun.)!? France at least got Bercy (beforehand) as well, but Italy don't even get a normal gig. I just don't get it. Do they really need this much practise at the beginning of tours (--if this is maybe why they're doing it)? I think they need to slow down a bit & start being a bit more selective with their dates & venues.

I read what Perun and Forostar said in the other thread (after the Berlin show) --& worry. Hence my thinking above...

I see nothing wrong with any band being part of wacken, sonishere,download,rock in rio etc. If you're city doesn't have a festival then they'll do their own personal show.

It's probably easier to play festivals than book arenas since the festival organizers come after the band rather than the management and promoter trying to find out when arenas are available.

Sorry if I seemed a bit over sensitive - appreciate no offence was intended but I’d been getting similar comments all week!.

I can only assume that they were contractually unable to announce these additional date(s) until Download was over so it wouldn’t affect ticket sales for the festival?

Worrying though what Perun and Forstar said about the Berlin Show, maybe their age is beginning to be a factor? However this may explain why the 2nd night (if it comes off) is also in London as it saves them further travelling? I think Janick, Adrian and Bruce still have homes in the London area so perhaps they think, ok, do these date(s) and when the're finished we are already “home” so to speak?

The O2 holds about 20,000 (I think) so can’t see them having too much trouble selling out the Saturday, giving the size of the band and the fact it’s in London but a 2nd night might be more difficult to shift?

Not been on here in ages, interesting to see your thoughts on this particular topic. Hopefully going to make it down there and go for a pint in the Ruskin Arms in the afternoon!

Got myself a ticket in O2's presale this morning. I couldn't get a standing ticket so I've ended up in the Gods in tier 4. It's more than a tenner cheaper than a standing ticket so I've saved a bit of money and I'll save some energy as well. It'll be nice actually seeing Maiden play for once...

I got mine up on the 4th level. Couldn't believe there were no standing available and the pre-sale had only just started! How on Earth do you get the best tickets? I had the same problem with Rush, did tne pre-sale but nothing on the floor!

I got mine up on the 4th level. Couldn't believe there were no standing available and the pre-sale had only just started! How on Earth do you get the best tickets? I had the same problem with Rush, did tne pre-sale but nothing on the floor!

Fan club members.

I thought the tickets were on general release on Friday 28th --are you a Fan Club member Black Wizard? (And you didn't get the ticket you wanted!? o_O --what fucking chance is there for the rest of us?) Well, I'm hopefully going to get Monday off, & hopefully they annouce a second night. I'm still hopeful. Given the choice I would pick the second/last night anyway; assuming it happens. Fingers crossed.

How are you getting down & back up Black Wizard? (You on your own too?) Are you in England just now, did you say?

I bought a ticket in O2 Priority's presale. One of the perks of having an O2 phone! I wanted a standing ticket but all the fan club members had already snapped them up so I've ended up in the Gods in the fourth tier.

I'm living in Birmingham until early September, so I'll be getting the coach back from London at half past midnight which gives me plenty of time to navigate the dreaded Tube (I've never been to London before). I might be on my own. I don't know if anyone else I know is going yet. We'll see.

Back