Maiden announce Nordic dates for 2011

maidenbg said:
Guys, I've got one question. Forget about the festival date... I want to know on which of the other three concerts I can watch Maiden frontline most calmly and peacefully?
I know that there is no such a thing like watching Maiden in total comfort but which is the best choise. :) I don't want to be crushed like I was in Hungary this summer.

I would guess the Oslo concert is the best choice in that case. Our Finnish and Swedish friends go a bit more batshit than us Norwegians when Maiden are visiting. Besides, Telenor Arena is the smallest venue of the three.

But as pointed out, the beer is significantly cheaper in Sweden  :D

Eddies Wingman said:
At 25€ less than the last one!

What? I paid something like 5 euros more than last time, plus an outrageous postage fee of 8 euros.  But, I was able to split the postage at least between four people.  And, I got the tickets.  Life is good right now. :D

Invader said:
What? I paid something like 5 euros more than last time, plus an outrageous postage fee of 8 euros.  But, I was able to split the postage at least between four people.  And, I got the tickets.  Life is good right now. :D

The venue Maiden played in Bergen this year, is infamous for their high prices. When you look at other artists who have played both there and another venue in Norway, a difference of 200 NOK is not unusual. Tickets for the Metallica show in Bergen in 2008 were 900 NOK, when I saw them in Oslo in April I paid 650 - including the fee to the ticket vendor. Don't ask me why this venue charge so much, I have no idea.

I paid 600 NOK (approx 75€) this time, and with ticket vendor fee and postage fee it ended at 660 NOK. (Yes, that's close to a certain number :D)

I got the ticket today. There were surprisingly few people with me at the ticket office. I guess that's because Maiden's last visit in Finland was only two months ago. :p

Eddies Wingman said:
The venue Maiden played in Bergen this year, is infamous for their high prices. When you look at other artists who have played both there and another venue in Norway, a difference of 200 NOK is not unusual. Tickets for the Metallica show in Bergen in 2008 were 900 NOK, when I saw them in Oslo in April I paid 650 - including the fee to the ticket vendor. Don't ask me why this venue charge so much, I have no idea.

I paid 600 NOK (approx 75€) this time, and with ticket vendor fee and postage fee it ended at 660 NOK. (Yes, that's close to a certain number :D)
That's still quite expensive, at least more expensive than my tickets.  But I was comparing to the last time they played the same venue.  My Sonisphere tickets cost almost twice as much as this gig (well, to be fair, I saw Anthrax, Slayer, and Alice Cooper too). 

I think they might just declare a few more dates for the Nordics.  There's five days between Gothenburg and Oslo, and who knows how many days between Helsinki and the next non-Nordic gig.  For SBIT, they announced Tampere only after Helsinki had sold out, and I  they might do the same thing again if there's a demand for tickets.

Back