Maiden announce Nordic dates for 2011

Excellent news indeed; I just saw them and now I'll see them again fairly soon; last time I had to wait over 2 years in between Maiden gigs.  Only problem is, it's outside in the summer, which means it won't be dark.  I was hoping they'd come in the winter and I could see them inside.  But at least it's now confirmed, and I guess this means the rest of Europe will be announced soon too.  Shame, though, that I don't belong to the fan club (who get to buy tickets first).  I was thinking of joining, and I wasn't expecting an announcement to come this soon.

Thanks! Though like Invader, I must admit I am a bit disappointed, I had hoped for them to play at an ice hall so we could enjoy the lightshow.. + I'm probably going to army at some point that summer. Here's hoping I'll see them!  :shred:

Invader said:
Excellent news indeed; I just saw them and now I'll see them again fairly soon; last time I had to wait over 2 years in between Maiden gigs.  Only problem is, it's outside in the summer, which means it won't be dark.  I was hoping they'd come in the winter and I could see them inside.  But at least it's now confirmed, and I guess this means the rest of Europe will be announced soon too.  Shame, though, that I don't belong to the fan club (who get to buy tickets first).  I was thinking of joining, and I wasn't expecting an announcement to come this soon.

The gig in Oslo is actually an indoor venue, Telenor Arena. I saw Metallica there in April, and apart from the sound not being optimal, it was a good venue for music. It takes about 25 000 for concerts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telenor_Arena

LooseCannon said:
Come on, North American UK dates soon, please.

Hopefully they do Manchester or Leeds depending on when they tour. Judging by the Nordic dates, I'll hope for Manchester.

Eddies Wingman said:
What's the main venue for big concerts in Manchester? MEN Arena?
Yeah, it's where they've played on the last few album tours too (BNW onwards), so I'm hopeful they'll play more than just the 1 gig in England this time (TFF and SBIT was just 1 gig).

Jonszat said:
Hopefully they do Manchester or Leeds depending on when they tour. Judging by the Nordic dates, I'll hope for Manchester.

Hopefully they do Middle East /West India, anywhere.

Okay...now the puzzle pieces begin to connect here.  We have Maiden  in Australia in late Feb, and in the Nordics in early July.  So, Us here in the United States will likely get them in between, right?  Maybe South America in early March, then the States/Canada in mid March to late April/early May..... 
  Leaving may and June for all the Euro and Middle East/ India legs.  Eventually ending up in the Nordics in July...Let's get these North American dates out there fellas!!

Not late April, please...that's the one time that's bad for me, due to my friends having exams.

LooseCannon said:
Not late April, please...that's the one time that's bad for me, due to my friends having exams.

This. I'm a university student myself, and if there was a Maiden show within a few hours of me the night before an exam...that exam isn't going well, because I'm not missing Maiden.  :edmetal:
But hopefully some NA dates go up soon! I waited years to see my first show, can't wait to go back again.

I cant imagine any other scenario or time frame for the U.S./Canada leg of the tour unless:  1] the Aussie gigs are a separate entity.  Meaning the band simply signed on to do the festival down there and it is not part of the word tour.  2]  This scenario is far less likely.  The Nordic sets are separate from the World tour, and the Aussie gigs are somewhere at the end or middle of the world tour.  Under these two premises, the band will not be traveling the States' in between the two confirmed events.

It seems almost sure that the Aussie shows are either THE kickoff of the World tour, or somewhere very near the beginning of the tour.    It is conceivable that this tour begins much earlier than we expect, perhaps January, or even the end of 2010, and the trip down under comes after the U.S/Canada.  That would be outstanding, kicking off the new year with Maiden in the States in January, But I doubt this.  

Mkoh said:
I'm probably going to army at some point that summer. Here's hoping I'll see them!  :shred:

If you're starting that summer, your service won't start until 11. July, so don't worry. :)

Back