Maiden Albums: Head to Head

Vote for your favourite song from each pair

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I couldn't vote for "Flight of Icarus" over BTATS because the latter is a top 10 song for me, but I'm glad it's not getting completely crushed here. Love the song (so underrated) and I wouldn't mind if, for some reason, it actually won the matchup, at all.

6-5 to the better album, which is clearly AMOLAD. Unfortuantely, it won't be enough though. :(

A top 4 without AMOLAD or Powersalve is pure insanity.

the better album, which is clearly AMOLAD
giphy.gif

Looks like POM will win this one based on a tie and B-sides. Sad! Not legitimate! Fake news!

POM is saddled with 2 non-album songs and AMOLAD by only one. AMOLAD should have the advantage in that case. Also, even if you give the tie (Icarus/1000) to AMOLAD, POM still wins. Your arguments hold as much water as those made by the man you are quoting.

POM was definitely disadvantaged in this round (as most 80s albums have been due to the nature of the game).

A surprising tie between Flight of Icarus and Thousand Suns fails to affect the overall results: victory for Piece of Mind.
Next up: Brave New World versus Seventh Son.

Not missing this one. My top two albums head to head.

Moonchild
Ghost of the Navigator
Brave New World
The Evil That Men Do
The Mercenary
Seventh Son Dream of Mirrors
The Prophecy
The Clairvoyant
Out of the Silent Planet
The Apparition
The Thin Line Between Love and Hate

Pretty even split, but Brave New World just gets it.

Edit: Double checked my ranking; DOM is at 30 and SSOASS is 31. Very close.

Last edited:
Wow this is brutal. Possibly the hardest round yet. I’m gonna have to listen to Dream of Mirrors and Seventh Son back to back to decide that one.

Wicker Man, Navigator, BNW, Blood Brothers (I don't like all that much neither, but BB get a nostalgic bonus from me), Massacre (Tin Lizzie ftw!), Mirrors, Fallen Angel, Clairvoyant, Silent Planet, Apparition, Thin Line

9-2 in favour of BNW. Hardly surprising. The toughest was probably Mirrors x SSOASS - the former I like much more as a whole song whereas I rate the instrumental ending of SS much higher... but then again, the latter has the stupid out-of-rhythm "aaaah"s in the "moody" part and more repetitive chorus.

Moonchild
Infinite Dreams
BNW
TETMD
Mercenary
SSOASS
Fallen
Nomad
OOTSP
Sheriff
Thin Line
6-5 BNW