Maiden Albums: Head to Head

Vote for your favourite song from each pair

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for Be Quick Or Be Dead because the original studio version of Prowler is inferior to the 1988 re-recording.
The 1988 version s a clinical wreck compared to the old one. It is tame and has crap drums compared to Clive's.

The 1980 version has an aggression that was never matched afterwards in the studio, at least.
Also not by Be Quick or be Dead.

Last edited:
BHAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA
The 1988 version s a clinical wreck compared to the old one. It is tame and has crap drums compared to Clive's.

The 1980 version has an aggression that was never matched afterwards in the studio, at least.
Also not by Be Quick or be Dead.
Well, I disagree. 1988 version is faster and has better vocals and production.

1988 version is faster
Nope.
and has better vocals and production.
No way. It became a very different song. As odd as hearing Caught Somewhere in Time debut album style.
1988 Prowler >>> original Prowler. :innocent: Better vocalist and better sound do it for me.
I actually think it's rather light sounding, especially in comparison to some of later songs. Not to mention the lyrics, which are laughable.
Bunch of anti-Di'Anno era newbies.

Doesn't matter since Be Quick or Be Dead > Them both

:cool:

Indeed... Prowler is a fine tune, but the awful lyrics and shitty production (at least the debut album version) ruins it for me. BQOBD is simply the better song :)

So far 3 of my picks are losing :p I'm still baffled at the love for Remember Tomorrow though...

20 years of listening to Maiden and I get called a newbie because I don't like the tin-can produced "it's the real thing, girl" song, that much :)

20 years of listening to Maiden and I get called a newbie because I don't like the tin-can produced "it's the real thing, girl" song, that much :)
Perhaps not. I phrased it differently and it was especially said to people who (openly) prefer Prowler '88 over the original.

Back