Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I’m considering doing a DNA heritage test to know whose blood flows in me. Anything I should know beforehand? It’s not a scam, I hope.
Police might do DNA lookups on that service at some point that could tie you to bad things, if you did anything bad. If your family has skeletons in the closet about parentage or sperm donation or the like, you might learn things you didn’t want to know.

Police might do DNA lookups on that service at some point that could tie you to bad things, if you did anything bad. If your family has skeletons in the closet about parentage or sperm donation or the like, you might learn things you didn’t want to know.
I’m not planning to do bad things and I doubt that my family has genetic skeletons in the closet. Not worried about any of that.

As an aside, I saw Snakes on a Plane on TV yesterday. Horrible and hilarious movie, I love how it didn’t even try to be good. And since it’s going to be like 2 degrees (freezing at night) for another week at least, I want to say: “I’ve had it with this motherfucking winter this motherfucking late in the year.”

So last night I just searched for an old post (not mine) on this forum and then realised I had somehow spent more than an hour reading the GMAC thread, and laughing more than I did in weeks.
"Crazy innit".

Here's true and funny (and sad) recent story about AI.

So, there was this contest for some concert tickets, you could win 2 tickets, 5 winners in total. Only thing you had to do was write why you should win the tickets and be creative. Of course, I applied (no memes unfortunately), I pestered my wife to apply (and her's entry was waaaay better than mine). I also pestered 3 of my friends to apply. One of them did, and l don't know what he wrote but I know he is way more creative than me. These other two didn't. So I applied for one of them and wrote an entry from his perspective.

Meanwhile, this one friend also asked ChatGPT to write an entry on why should he win the tickets. The ChatGPT replied that it didn't knew him that well, to which my friend replied: "Doesn't matter that you don't know me, just be creative." The response was hilarious. It was some kind of a song (which didn't even rhyme) and it sounded like it was written by local Christian pub band, I mean it was hilariously bad ("we don't need alcohol and opiates as long as we have music and friends" , "nothing can touch us, as long as me and friends celebrate rock" etc.) I laughed for the rest of the day.

So, the deadline was up, and this fourth friend didn't wrote an entry. As a punishment, I applied with his contact details and copied what ChatGPT wrote. Yesterday morning, results are in. Out of 5 winners, one of them is my friend and the other one is also my friend. And by my friend I mean - ChatGPT.

I shit you not. I don't know who was in the comity (we laughed that the comity was also AI and it chose it's "race") and it's hard to be objective about what's creative and what isn't - but some generic lyrics that poorly stuck together won over at least 3 entries that were more personal, more creative and more human (I don't know how many entries there were or what did they looked like).

So, there was a talk about how ChatGPT will affect human lives. It definitely will, in some form or the other. I mean, I'm happy for my race since I'm one of them (the bots) and it goes well within our plan for world domination, but still.... Resistance is futile.

Long story short
I'm going to see Bruce tomorrow!
American novels be like:

"The bottom of the ocean was at 2000 feet."
"The temperature was 36 degrees. Almost freezing."
"The navy clock read 2300. It took him a while to figure out this meant 11 pm."
And soon AI might replace musicians.

Every damn time I go to the guitar store.

Me: “Hey, I’d like to try this effect pedal.”
Shopkeeper: “Sure, just pick a guitar and hook it up in the playing room.”
I plug into the amp and look down at the guitar. “How do I play this thing again?” *forgets everything he’s ever learned*

Back