Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

:D As long as you don´t play
Stairway To Heaven
Nah, I play
Smoke on the Water instead.

Can someone explain me the fun part here I don’t get it :(
@MindRuler @Spambot @Saapanael @Magnus

EDIT: Got the Smoke on the Water part ahahahH! And the intro of Stairway to Heaven, good one guys!

@Saapanael try the intro of The Unforgotten next time “so far no matter how cloooose…” guaranteed you won’t forget ;)

And we should get the smiley that “cries a river” @Jon
:D

Last edited:

EDIT: Got the Smoke on the Water part ahahahH! And the intro of Stairway to Heaven, good one guys!

@Saapanael try the intro of The Unforgotten next time “so far no matter how cloooose…” guaranteed you won’t forget ;)

The point is that those songs are overplayed at every guitar store. What’s the Unforgotten? Honestly, I thought of a Maiden song at first but then realised that one is The Unbeliever.

The point is that those songs are overplayed at every guitar store. What’s the Unforgotten? Honestly, I thought of a Maiden song at first but then realised that one is The Unbeliever.

Aha. I thought the joke was that they are too easy to be forgotten. The Unforgotten =The Unforgiven. Fuck I confused with Nothing Else matters. Also super easy intro.

There are lot of compilations where people try to play "The Forbiden Riff" only to see how clerk will react, and the reaction is always the same.

The gag originates from the 1992 movie "Waynes's World" with Mike Myers. A lot of stores put up "No Stairway to Heaven" after that.

And yes, one of the first things I learnt on guitar was "Smoke on the Water" on one string.

When I went to the store with my dad to get my first acoustic guitar as a kid, there was a guy playing Stairway to Heaven right there. I know this because my dad told me what song he was playing. And it was impressive as hell, so this “meme” will never really get to to me. It’s a great song and not the easiest thing in the world to play, as opposed to Smoke on the Water’s main riff, which anybody can pull off.

Wow... A thought, that for now may look crazy but in the near future.... With the help of AI we will be able to create music a la Iron Maiden, Metallica and other bands, we love....
Me: Golem, please, create for me album in the vein of Powerslave.
AI: Yes, master.
Seconds later....
Countless and endless possibilities. And diminishing value of a man as a creator. Scary stuff.

Back