Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Let's be honest, Senjutsu, while not bad, as a title song is just ok. Killers, The Number of The Beast, Powerslave, Caught Somewhere In Time, 7Son, No Prayer For The Dying, Fear of the Dark, Brave New World, Dance of Death, The Book Of Souls are miles above it. imo.

Speaking of overindulgence - I remember someone describing the Senjutsu album as just that. Well, I happen to love the stuff and the style that they are overindulging on. It's a ton of Maidenisms and a smörgåsbord of many of the elements that made me fall in love and stay hooked on Iron Maiden.
I can agree with that.
An alien, a Mayan and a Samurai walks into a bar. Which other patron is walking in next?
Angel, barbarian warrior, sea creature, knight, wizard, spirit creature... dunno.
It wasn't a criticism per se, I'm not just as enthusiastic as I used to be, that's all. The post BNW order hasn't changed, I still rank it 3rd but maybe the average score of individual songs has been lowered.
It wasn't directed at you specifically, I was just commenting on the overall criticism of the album. As with every Maiden since 2006 really. Sorry I wasn't clear enough.
Let's be honest, Senjutsu, while not bad, as a title song is just ok. Killers, The Number of The Beast, Powerslave, Caught Somewhere In Time, 7Son, No Prayer For The Dying, Fear of the Dark, Brave New World, Dance of Death, The Book Of Souls are miles above it. imo.
It's a pretty epic title song imo, rivaled in this feature only by The Book Of Souls, Dance Of Death, 7th Son, Caught Somewhere In Time and Powerslave.

Bought old Spider-Man and Superman comics for 50 euro. Another Midlife crisis? :lol:
Doing whatever you feel is right to do, makes you happy and harms no one has nothing to do with crises in my opinion.
Speaking of which, during the last year or so I bought more playing cards packs then ever, from French Tarot Nouveau through Austrian Industrie & Glück, Cego, Bavarian Tarock / Schafkopf, Württemberg Gaigel/Binokel, Doppeldeutsch, Einfachdeutsch, Triestine and Napoletane - and I still need a Tarocco Bolognese one because something seems to be wrong with the site that's selling them.
Silly? - of course, most of the games are perfectly playable with either a normal 52 cards pack, or two of them, or a French Tarot one (although the Tarocco Bolognese games take too many adjustments with a French pack). And yet, so much fun using all those in actual play.

I still like Senjutsu about the same as I did a few months after its release, but the thing that continues to perplex me is my reaction to the title track. It's like a coin flip every time I hear it -- either it's a stately, romantic epic that makes perfect sense, or it's a bloated, ponderous misfire with some good elements. It must depend on my mood at the time, which is unusual for me, as my feelings on songs are typically pretty stable after they sink in.
Like most of the album it didn’t take long to really dig the song, but I think I like it even more now that I’ve seen it live. I had trepidations about how it would work as a concert opener and honestly I was blown away by how powerful of an entrance it was. Those thunderous drums were epic as fuck. My only real criticism is that the stretch in the middle might run too long, but even then I don’t dislike it. Pretty epic first track IMO.

Bought old Spider-Man and Superman comics for 50 euro. Another Midlife crisis? :lol:

I just received a new mouse (more of a rat actually) Logitech MX Master 3S for 90$ and Headphones Logitech Zone vibe 100 for 120$.

Despite the headphones being purely for my job I won't claim. I already have not one but two (cheaper) pairs provided by work. I bought them just because I can and most importantly because as someone much wiser than myself once said "doing whatever you feel is right to do, makes you happy and harms no one has nothing to do with crises".

I recently purchased JLA/Avengers trade paperback for $100 on Amazon with art by the late George Perez (already costs twice that much to purchase again so good investment (.
Definitely Midlife crisis purchase as I usually only buy Kindle collections and only then if they are on sale for less than $10.

My favorite artist of both teams finally drew a tale of them together about 20 years ago.
Had to not only read it, but own it

Thanks guys!

Now that I’m thinking.. we didn’t have updates about the other thing for a while!
Yeah ... that didn't end well. I don't feel like going into details at the moment, maybe later on down the road. When I do, it will likely be in the chat though. I don't feel comfortable sharing everything publicly.

I’m considering doing a DNA heritage test to know whose blood flows in me. Anything I should know beforehand? It’s not a scam, I hope.

Back