Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Here's one I heard today. I was at an arts workshop, which was about songwriting today, and we were asked what music we like.

Someone made the observation that metal is 'druggie music', and others agreed. Was considering a nerdy response involving chord progressions, drumming patterns and musical layers, then decided against it.

Hey! Thanks man :)

Man I got lucky today. I made a mistake and I'm in the middle of a huge crossroad the light is red and I am really somewhere I should not be, in the middle of the traffic. So I can't go fwd I can't go backwards I see the policeman in my rear mirror and pray they will not see/catch me before the light turns green.

The time pass in a torturing slow pace and by the time I'm counting seconds for the light to turn green, I hear toc toc on my window. Fuck. So he is really pissed off with me shouting what I think I'm doing and all, I play the card that I don't understand anything (well, I don't) and reply to him in English.
He continues to shout in Chinese, I shout (politely, but shouting) in English, repeat 2 -3 times and then I give him my driving licence hoping to escape.

He takes it, look at it for 5 seconds, completely calms down for a reason, he gives me back and leaves.

Man that was 6 points deduction (out of 12) I just escaped. Pheww.

Also my new manager took me for lunch and we shared a massive t-bone stake, 2 minutes walking distance from the office, good to know there's such a good restaurant so close to the work.

Unfortunately I have calls tonight so I can't celebrate properly but from tomorrow and up to Sunday there's everyday a good dinner or two. Not all for my birthday, but still. And there's particularly little time to run.. I'm in for gaining 2 kilos at least.

Well, bad timing I had to work something like 15 hours but it was very fun, efficient & effortless-like. Meaning that despite working hard, facing clients and leading urgent tasks, I was like being "in the zone" like if I was playing a game with my friends, totally relaxed inside. I even managed to run 5k in the end.
It's very often I work in this way lately and it's very pleasant experience when it happens.

And don't forget what happened to a guy who objected to someone's loud breathing.
1669241191048-png.23826
That’s not true — that’s impossible!

I broke my nose when I was 14, and as a result my sinsues are often blocked. Not much I can do about it unless I get them to rebreak my nose or drill my sinuses, and I'm not particularly keen on either. So same, I guess.

No sense in feeling bad about feeling irritated, if you can't help it. It's a side effect of being crammed into places next to people not of your choosing and not being able to get away from that.

Actually acting on it is a different matter.

Back