Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Some friends ask if I want to tag along to this really flashy new Israeli-Palestinian restaurant.
I'm sceptical because I'm not a fan of Levantine cuisine, but then I remembered that I was at this Syrian place recently and I liked it, considering I got enough meat to ignore the hummus.
I look the restaurant up online and it's all quirky and out-of-the-box and advertising variety and new experiences.
I say I'll give it a shot, because I suppose they will not only serve hummus.
I mean that as a joke because of course I know there's more to Levantine cuisine than hummus and this is a great opportunity to remove some culinary prejudice.

The menu has five dishes.

Literally each of them is "Hummus with..."

I order the dish with what appears to be the least amount of hummus. It's 80% hummus. As he serves the plates, the water says "just let us know if you want more hummus, I can get it for you any time."

Nobody asks for more hummus. Waiter brings a complimentary plate of hummus with olive oil and spice before the dessert.

I really don't like hummus. -_-

Some friends ask if I want to tag along to this really flashy new Israeli-Palestinian restaurant.
I'm sceptical because I'm not a fan of Levantine cuisine, but then I remembered that I was at this Syrian place recently and I liked it, considering I got enough meat to ignore the hummus.
I look the restaurant up online and it's all quirky and out-of-the-box and advertising variety and new experiences.
I mean that as a joke because of course I know there's more to Levantine cuisine than hummus and this is a great opportunity to remove some culinary prejudice.

I order the dish with what appears to be the least amount of hummus. It's 80% hummus. As he serves the plates, the water says "just let us know if you want more hummus, I can get it for you any time."

Nobody asks for more hummus. Waiter brings a complimentary plate of hummus with olive oil and spice before the dessert.

My screen immediately after reading this:
1652307047386.png
:rolleyes:

Did the five dishes, in addition to hummus, consist of combinations of eggs, baked beans, sausage? Or maybe lobster?

Oh, and happy belated b'day @Saapanael :cheers:

Just spotted someone in the office wearing a Maiden shirt.

1. Is it creepy to go and talk to them?
2. How soon to raise the Dave, Adrian or Janick question?

I don't know about that I would go to talk first and think it later. :nuts:
No really, go.

Immediately. The way of the Samurai is the one of immediacy :D

2:58 Just in case you like Samurais, or Hagakure, or Jarmusch, or Whitaker. Or all of them!

So just walking to someone on another team and shouting "Dave, Adrian or Janick!"is perfectly socially acceptable?

No, I used to do this quite alot: nice conversation with a German Maiden fan in Florence Hard Rock Café. I told a customer who was wearing a Rush shirt he had great taste in music, talked almost half an hour about Rush! Now he always comes to me if he needs help.
Or the Blaze in my case. :D
At the end of the chat...

Back