Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Thought about making this a thread of it's own but decided to drop it here instead; Rock in Rio 2001 happened 20 years ago today!! :hbd: :nuts2:

717eBuB3aKL._SL1422_.jpg

I feel a bit old now as I remember picking up that album a year later and oh yes, also seeing them on this tour :ninja::ninja:

Thought about making this a thread of it's own but decided to drop it here instead; Rock in Rio 2001 happened 20 years ago today!! :hbd: :nuts2:

717eBuB3aKL._SL1422_.jpg

I feel a bit old now as I remember picking up that album a year later and oh yes, also seeing them on this tour :ninja::ninja:

Watching a couple of songs from that show was one of the first things that got me interested in Maiden ...

Especally The Trooper. I’ll never forget the main harmony kicking in and the guys coming to the front of the stage side-by-side.
That's became a tradition (since the reunion) during Trooper... - they also do this during HBTN but not so often as during Trooper. It's great! :)

Has anyone else seen the Sky Arts programme "Trailblazers of Heavy Metal"? Apart from a couple of nice long blasts of (comparatively) recent Maiden, it was nice to see Alestorm getting some recognition.

No idea it even existed. Will look it up. After I've finished watching 'Swamp Monsters', that is. That is one darn biiiig snake.

Has anyone else seen the Sky Arts programme "Trailblazers of Heavy Metal"? Apart from a couple of nice long blasts of (comparatively) recent Maiden, it was nice to see Alestorm getting some recognition.

Is that the one that Noddy Holder does the voice over on?

Back