Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

What's your longest Zoom meeting in the COVID-19 era? I had one that lasted 1h 45min today.

I regularly complain about my internet being bad so that I can turn off the camera to go pick up something to eat/drink or go to the bathroom, and I have bluetooth headphones, so I can still hear everything.
My longest one without any breaks is 3 hours. (Once I guess we had 3 hours, lunch break, and 3 more hours or something like that.) We rarely have any meetings shorter than 2 hours, and we have a lot of them, and never any breaks. Hmm, maybe I could steal your idea and blame a bad connection to go to the loo at least... :halo: Now I just try to figure out which part of the meeting is not that important, leave the computer on the table when I go to the bathroom, and when I'm there, just hope I wont hear: "And what do you think about this, Lamia?" (not that they call me that) We don't keep cameras on, and mikes are off too unless you're speaking.

Solutions:

1) Get wireless headphones
2) If your bathroom isn't too far from the computer, just turn up the sound
3) Get extension cords if you have wired headphones/earphones

I have a 4-hour meeting scheduled for Thursday. I just bring my laptop with me when I need to move around, and I use the speakers for incoming audio. I usually leave the video off and the mic audio muted for super long meetings like that.

I have a 2 hour semi salesy Zoom meeting tomorrow ... 1st hour will be beer and cheese pairing (beer and cheese arrived in the mail today) ... then an hour of post beer software discussion. We need more meetings where people send beer in advance.

It's even worse when I need to write memos. I can't leave the computer for even a minute. Often the meetings go overtime, and I'm praying silently "please stop, I really need to go to the bathroom and I'm starving!" I also normally finish at 3PM so any minutes past that I feel it was time for me to stop working...

As a rule, we have our cameras on during meetings. I play the bad connection card occasionally, but can't do so too often because everyone knows we all have excellent connections at home. I don't mind having the camera on too much. I am sick of talking to my screen and I appreciate the interaction, even if it's through a camera only.

What's your longest Zoom meeting in the COVID-19 era? I had one that lasted 1h 45min today.

I regularly complain about my internet being bad so that I can turn off the camera to go pick up something to eat/drink or go to the bathroom, and I have bluetooth headphones, so I can still hear everything.
Tomorrow and Friday I'll have a training with 4 meetings in total, 2 and a half to 3 hours each. :/

But there will be some breaks. Probably not more than 2 hours without interruption.

Yay, the online event we had today had shortish presentations, two proper coffee breaks and a full hour for lunch! :applause:I think I'll send my thanks to my colleague who organised the event!

122890285_3590622434386166_3573370156545102932_o.jpg

Beer meeting went well yesterday .. first hour was a remote beer tour (pairing beers with cheese and general beer discussion) .. 2nd hour was more techie-sales-y for some consulting services. Added bonus, 4 free beers and 4 decent sized blocks of cheese with some bonus pretzels and a beer stein. This should be the format for most all meetings :)

Why did I have to watch the documentary about cannibalistic hobbits in Indonesia? Grossly unconvincing, badly acted reconstructions and really poorly attributed accounts, but still creepy as hell.

Primitive hominids in the jungles of Indonesia which were supposedly still around in the 1970s and killing people. Someone thought it was funny to call them hobbits.

Back