Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

There was a newspaper article on a heavy metal concert arrangements in Finland. Sitting at a table, not singing along and wearing a mask = I don't think it's worth going.

It depends on the band. I wouldn't want to sit down for a band like Kreator or Testament, but I don't mind sitting for someone like Nightwish (whom I have a seated ticket for anyway).

Now that I think about it, a large part of Finnish audience always stands quiet and still. They wouldn't experience much difference. :bigsmile:

Geoff Tate live in studio fb stream in 1h 25 minutes. Tickets are 15 euros. Check his fb page for stream and tickets.

Last edited:
Kuolleen miehen kupletti used to be the most distressing song in the world for me. I listened to it just now, but I wasn't as anxious. Perhaps as one gets older and experiences hard things in life, somber music begins to feel more comforting. :bigsmile:

Music has the power to take you back at a specific time in the past. True.
When I hear the song "Drive" by The Cars, I always think of going swimming with my dad when I was a kid.
On the way to the swimming pool, we used to listen to the hits on the radio and "Drive" was one of the hugest hits back then.

Music has the power to take you back at a specific time in the past.
Definitely true. Some weeks ago I noticed I had started thinking about a couple of my past relationships more than I had done for some time, then realized it was the songs in the Metal Album Cup that had brought back a lot of memories. Wish they were less painful though. :bigsmile:

Back