Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Back in the office after two weeks away (one week vacation and one week work trip).

Completed checkout for Cessna 172 on Saturday and also got to try a vintage tailwheel aircraft - Piper Cub LN-ACJ. Really fun to fly!

Anyway, I never heard anything by Tool except for one instance about 7 years ago when I put on Undertow and stopped it halfway. Thought that the new album is as good an opportunity as any, so I decided to give it a try. So I'm not a Tool virgin anymore.

And - I'm sorry, but does anyone else feel they sound as if Dream Theater decided to put both Mastodon (the type of riffs, the processed vocals, the stonedness) and Neurosis (the song structures, the general atmosphere) in their inspiration corner?
I read the description "stoner prog" somewhere and gee, so far it really fits.

I mean, I like it a lot, but FFS I think I finally found the most overrated band in the history ever.
Whoa! Good to see you, Judas.

Anyway, I never heard anything by Tool except for one instance about 7 years ago when I put on Undertow and stopped it halfway. Thought that the new album is as good an opportunity as any, so I decided to give it a try. So I'm not a Tool virgin anymore.

And - I'm sorry, but does anyone else feel they sound as if Dream Theater decided to put both Mastodon (the type of riffs, the processed vocals, the stonedness) and Neurosis (the song structures, the general atmosphere) in their inspiration corner?
I read the description "stoner prog" somewhere and gee, so far it really fits.

I mean, I like it a lot, but FFS I think I finally found the most overrated band in the history ever.
They're still one of the best things that happened to shitty American FM rock radio.

Cops catch guy with a weed grinder containing 0,23g of resin/leftover on the motorway rest stop. They turn him in to the precinct, then to the judge. Judge first says misdemeanor and 400e fine. The guy says what the fuck. The judge says ok, just pay 20e for court expenses and gtfo.

Tell me why shouldn't someone be able to sue cops now for wasting everyone's time and money.

Btw. the area where the guy "got caught" is the central, most narrow part of Croatia where refugees, smugglers and everyone else likes to operate. So these idiots turn in a local that has no prior record even in misdemeanors cause of some greasy grinder. I would fire them on spot.

Back