Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Where are you off to work instead?
I am actually moving to Las Vegas in a week. I will be selling insurance. Fortunately I can still attend my 3 maiden shows, all I had to do was exchange a flight (which was actually cheaper). Unfortunately I will be unable to attend the Ghost concert in Spokane, too expensive to fly back for a day or two.

I am actually moving to Las Vegas in a week. I will be selling insurance. Fortunately I can still attend my 3 maiden shows, all I had to do was exchange a flight (which was actually cheaper). Unfortunately I will be unable to attend the Ghost concert in Spokane, too expensive to fly back for a day or two.
Good luck with the new job. Next time I'm in Vegas, we'll get a beer.

So, we moved about 9 miles north. Besides the house, there is a 350sq ft building that is now my office, with a full bath.

Classed up the bathroom by ordering one of these

iron-maiden-the-rime-ancient-meriner.jpg

In Southampton Old Town there is a medieval church, Holyrood, that was put out of action by the attentions of the Luftwaffe and now serves as a memorial to the Merchant Navy. I went past it on the bus last week and noticed that part of the floor seemed to have been dug up and surrounded by those plastic barricades they put around roadworks. So today I went back to find out what was going on. It turns out that when we had a lot of heavy rain recently the place flooded and part of the floor collapsed. They got some archaeologists in to investigate and the cause turned out to be a collapsed 18th century grave. (Honestly, dead for 300 years and you still have to worry about leaky roofs!)

Meanwhile, outside the Old Town, in spite of 70% humidity and it being uncomfortably warm, some nutter was shuffling around in an inflatable Pikachu costume ... :nuts2:

A most polite way of saying 'bombed'.
I was going for poetic but yeah, okay*

This is what it looked like before the war:
hs-hl-hs6394-i-00-000.jpg
images

And this is what it looks like now:
holy-rood-church.jpg
31339782571_fe2afb01e1_k.jpg

My phrasing is also plagiarised: the original was "The southern entrance to the Saumur tunnel before receiving the attentions of 617 Squadron" Reference: "Dambusters In Focus" by Mark Postlethwaite with Jim Shortland.

I just liked the flow of the words :)

Back