Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Apparently the whole of Argentina and Uruguay as well as parts of Brazil and Paraguay have suffered a blackout. I think it may be the first time in history a country wide power cut has occured

We've been playing around with this website

It shows average life expectancy based on your time and place of birth. According to it, Queen Elizabeth II is going to live until 19 May 2023. Let's see if they're right.
Apparently I have 50 years left. Being from Northern Ireland, 'nationality' isn't always straight forward but I will live 6 months longer being 'Irish' rather than 'British.' Always knew I had the right passport :ph34r:

Quite tired now, after spending a day out at the airfield. Putting up fences, guarding aircraft, guarding the aforementioned fence so that spectators wouldn't enter the maneuvering area, and finally taking down fences. All taking place right next to where the sightseeing helicopters were taking off and landing all day ... The only times I heard anything else than mixmasters helicopters, was when the most noisy aircraft had their displays ... or when I got relief from the guard duty and could get further away from them ...

But the airshow was very nice as always. Too bad some low clouds arrived towards the end, so that the F-16s couldn't give us a proper display to finish the day.

We've been playing around with this website

It shows average life expectancy based on your time and place of birth. According to it, Queen Elizabeth II is going to live until 19 May 2023. Let's see if they're right.

We estimate that you will live until 18 Dec 2074 if you were an average world citizen. Whereas in Turkey it would be until 08 Apr 2079.

I highly doubt I'll live to be 83 years old.

We estimate that you will live until 18 Dec 2074 if you were an average world citizen. Whereas in Turkey it would be until 08 Apr 2079.

I highly doubt I'll live to be 83 years old.
"68 years of life left in Finland. We estimate you will live until age 86.5 years 04 Jun 2087"
No way I'm gonna survive past 80 lol.

I hope to make it into my 80's. I have three great grandparents still alive. They're all pushing 95. One of them got into a bike wreck about 3 years ago now too. He's still doing ok.

I hope to make it into my 80s as well, I just don't think I will. I envision a relatively early death for myself, to be honest, as uncomfortable as it may be.

Anything could happen between now and around something like 2080. It may be something really positive like better technology to improve our lifespans, or maybe a nuclear holocaust kills the lot of us in 10 years. There's so many possibilities so I try not to think about what might happen, I'll just go with the flow, good or bad. I wouldn't want to live forever though

A friend of mine, who has always had an interest in heavy metal music but never dove in, asked me a few days ago, "What are the best metal albums from the 1980's?". He said he's finally getting into some stuff like The Big Four, Priest, and early Sabbath. So I gave him this list (In no order):
  • Manilla Road - Crystal Logic
  • Accept - Balls to the Wall
  • Voivod - Nothingface
  • Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin
  • Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time
  • Bathory - Bathory
  • Motörhead - Ace of Spades
  • Overkill - The Years of Decay
  • Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith
  • Razor - Violent Restitution
Thoughts? It got me atleast thinking about the greatest releases from that decade. I told him too that I felt bad about leaving off Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, Nightfall, and Heaven and Hell. If you're tired of seeing lists on this forum disregard this post.

I hope to make it into my 80s as well, I just don't think I will. I envision a relatively early death for myself, to be honest, as uncomfortable as it may be.

Ok that answers it. Still somewhat a weird outlook IMO.

Back