Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

No train here, but thunder & rain. More intense thunder than seen anywhere in Norway last year. And I think June 2019 already has June 2018 beaten in terms of rain.

On this day, in 1905. Norway declared unilaterally its withdrawal from the union with Sweden. One of relatively few peaceful dissolutions of a union between countries, I think. There are other examples, like Czechoslovakia in 1993, but can our history elite provide us with other interesting examples?

I'm not sure if we can count the dissolution of the Soviet Union. After all, it involved a failed coup d'état.

On this day, in 1905. Norway declared unilaterally its withdrawal from the union with Sweden. One of relatively few peaceful dissolutions of a union between countries, I think. There are other examples, like Czechoslovakia in 1993, but can our history elite provide us with other interesting examples?
Canada, Australia, New Zealand all separated from the UK quite peacefully.

Had a chat with a fellow bartender yesterday who is a friend of our brewery. I quickly discovered two things: she is Swedish and her husband is a tour manager. She started telling me about the band he is currently tour managing playing at Sweden Rocks, describing them as "this Viking metal band." I guessed Amon Amarth and she was very amazed that I knew who they were. Then we started talking about many things metal-related and all of the bands her husband has tour managed. Fun tidbits:

- Dave Mustaine is (in real life, behind closed tours, working with his crew) a total massive fucking prick.
- Mentioning Sabaton as one of my favorite bands received a chuckle and slight eye, roll - "Ooooh, I know Sabaton..."
- Amon Amarth spend more than €10,000 every single show on pyro

Back