Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

TBH, I'm not a fan of this layout. Particulary the notifications button is now tiny and it just seems strange overall.

But, as with everything, I'll get used to it.

(At least Bazza will struggle too, I guess :D)

So this board now wants to be Facebook, because Facebook isn't enough Facebook. And the margins are so wide they look stupid on a proper computer, because obviously nobody uses those anymore.

Curious if something's acting odd - would be interested if you could attach a screenshot. I'm mainly a laptop user and the layout feels fairly dense here, although the posts will stop getting wider at a fixed point (which is usually for readability, think you're ideally supposed to have 50-60 chars per line!).

This is Xenforo 2.1's default theme with some coloration so it's not a preference thing/my choice... Think they put effort into making sure this layout can scale from phone to tablet to desktop.

Curious if something's acting odd - would be interested if you could attach a screenshot. I'm mainly a laptop user and the layout feels fairly dense here, although the posts will stop getting wider at a fixed point (which is usually for readability, think you're ideally supposed to have 50-60 chars per line!).

This is Xenforo 2.1's default theme with some coloration so it's not a preference thing/my choice... Think they put effort into making sure this layout can scale from phone to tablet to desktop.

I'm not sure if it's acting odd, but the margins really are very wide, which just looks like wasted space:

Xj4Fhim.png

I'm not sure if it's acting odd, but the margins really are very wide, which just looks like wasted space:

Xj4Fhim.png

Ah yeah - that's intentional on their part - fixed width for text content as it gets really hard to read text as sentence gets longer and longer. A bunch of popular websites do this nowadays. Apologies, hopefully at least the whitespace they've cut down between posts/headers/metadata at least means more content fits on screen overall.

Back