Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

So, today I did my last instrument flying lesson, completing the syllabus for the PPL training. All that remains now is a refresher lesson (or two, if needed) with my main instructor, then the trial checkride with the chief instructor and then the skill test proper with the examiner from CAA Norway. As my instructor is out for another week or so with fractured ribs (and a punctured lung, it turns out), and work blocks the next couple of weeks, I'm looking at early February for the rest of my journey towards a pilot's license. But now I see the end of the training ...

Today I did unusual attitudes recovery, some more stalls and tracking of VOR radials - all under the hood (today the "hood" was a map folded and fastened under my headphones ...!) and a couple of not too great landings. Six weeks without flying has not been kind on my technique ... :oops:

The bodyshop's estimate for my car was $7000. The insurance company did their own estimate and decided it was $2800. Luckily they did say they would cover whatever else it would cost to fix.

What the fuck did you do to it? Burn it?
Rear left door is completely fucked, rear quarter panel is completely fucked too, the bumper has some damage, one of my rims is scuffed, and there is a vibration when I drive it. It's also an Audi.

Rear left door is completely fucked, rear quarter panel is completely fucked too, the bumper has some damage, one of my rims is scuffed, and there is a vibration when I drive it. It's also an Audi.
I thought Audis were dead on but a recent poll had the A3 as the UKs most unreliable second hand car and the A4 was 5th in the list o_O
Also, are you a terrible driver? Did you reverse into a deer?

I thought Audis were dead on but a recent poll had the A3 as the UKs most unreliable second hand car and the A4 was 5th in the list o_O
Also, are you a terrible driver? Did you reverse into a deer?
My A4 is quite reliable. But no, I'm a pretty good driver. This is my first accident, and I have never had a speeding ticket. It was snowing and the other driver lost control and slid into my car.

Random fact of the day: You could subtract one billion from the population of both China and India and they'd still be the two most populous countries in the world.

Back