Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I find my habit of reading about views that radically contradict mine without dismissing them outright almost always ends up yielding positive results. Not in the sense that I am convinced of the view, but either through recognizing perspectives I hadn't considered before and expanding on them, or collecting new information via research en route the attempt to come up with sound counter-arguments.

Just something to think about.
Absolutely! Never dismiss anything outright. Every idea has the right to due consideration and investigation. It might still turn out to be utter bollocks but you'll never know unless you test it :ok:

After accepting a provisional offer for a job, I've unexpectedly been invited to an interview for a better job. :facepalm:

Given how slow the process is with the first job, I could still go to the interview next week and get an offer/rejection before I've been offered a formal contract for the first job. I can't believe it, though, I've been watching out for jobs like this with this very employer for years. It's about five minutes' walk from where I live.

Everything's fine, more or less, I had a lot of stuff at work, we've had school almost every weekend lately, wifey's okay, but the pregnancy exhausts her a bit (though she still voluntarily walks to and from work - about 6km daily in total), I returned to Big Bang Theory and True Blood which occupied some evenings, I'm really enjoying the Malazan books (those occupied some others), Red Dead Redemption 2 came out, so, you know... :D

I want every journalist who puts his name on an article containing the term "Snow chaos" without there being actual chaos sent back to ground school.

The little snow fall we had last night/morning caused a few cars to slide off the road. Hardly chaos. Nobody got hurt. Before 9AM there was business as usual. Chaos? No. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER and STOP BEING IDIOTS!

Reporting live from Tallinn: It has been snowing for about an hour now and the situation has become utterly chaotic. The streets are empty as everybody has fled this arctic pandemonium. I'll be heading out to drink a couple of beers at a friend's place. If I don't return, know that I died a death worthy of an Immortal song.

Back