Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Honestly, pot or not, looks like a fun event. But how come you guys make way more money and still get weed at 30-50% of our price? Well, the steep price is one more reason to quit, I guess.

No luck today. In addition to the low clouds, a thick fog is covering the entire city and miles and miles around it. But the forecast for tomorrow and Friday is much, much better :)

You gotta get over your fears, definitely. When I was a kid, a spider in the room would have me looking for a heavy object to smash it ... nowadays I don't care as long as they don't crawl on me. It helps knowing that the ones we have in Norway aren't very venomous ..

One funny thing is that I normally feel uneasy with heights. But inside the aircraft, it's a whole different story even when flying almost inverted (which I did during the pre-solo checkride, where I practiced spin entry and recovery with the chief instructor).

If you have a friend who is a pilot, ask to go up with him in a small plane. Sitting alongside the pilot and seeing how things work during flight might be helpful in overcoming your fears (maybe?).
Agreed. I felt much better in a small plane. If your fear is a lack of control, well, you can actually see the controls in a small plane, and see exactly what the pilot's doing. You also get a better view outside and feel less claustrophobic. You're not crammed in among a horde of grumpy, sweaty, and bickering Ryanair passengers.

BTW Wingman....what do you do if a spider crawls across you while you're flying? What happens if a spider crawls across you during spin recovery :D

BTW Wingman....what do you do if a spider crawls across you while you're flying? What happens if a spider crawls across you during spin recovery :D

While flying I'm usually so focused on the various tasks (looking for traffic, scanning instruments, setting the radio, checking a map ... or just enjoying the awesome view) that I'd not notice the spider ...

But I do hope such a thing isn't part of the checkride.

PS: But if the spider were a black widow or something similarly dangerous, I'd make a MAYDAY call and head straight for the nearest suitable place to land!

Last edited:
There was this professor in basic studies that loved to torture students. As in, if you didn't know a definition of something the way it was written in her book down to the last letter, you're probably going to fail. I failed 6 times but there were some people who went into double digits. She was especially strict with girls.

Every 2 years they switch professors so I just waited until it happened and passed on the 1st try with the other dude. He was also strict but you didn't need to know every word of every definition (and it's economy so there's a shitload of those), and he would help guide you to the right answer. And he was much better at holding classes too.

She has an elective on my masters course so I talked the entire class into not taking it because she's cray, and now she doesn't have enough students to hold it. She still has plenty of other subjects so it's not like she lost her job, but I'll take this small victory. Payback!

sfa00w3ypws11.png

A Dutch fisherman with his catch.

Back