Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Well, maybe I should just ask Barry McKay to go nuts and write some hate emails. But unlike his other case, I really passed the exam.

That's a nasty run of bad luck. When was the last time you actually got to fly?
Tuesday last week. Had one scheduled last Saturday but that got cancelled due to bad weather. Of course, the weather was beautiful on Friday and OK on Sunday.

There's a limit to how long I can live on my last landing (which was excellent), I'm not there yet where I can just pick up from where I left last time. It's more "one step back and two forward", and the step back tends to be longer when there's a longer time between lessons.

Sorry for whining, but when I'm stressed at work I really look forward to the flying ... and then the flying gets cancelled. It makes me wanna cry, and throw my hands up to the sky.

Now confirmed that my lesson tomorrow is off as well, the plane won't be back until the evening :censored:

... and the other one is out for weeks after propeller ground strike during landing :(

Last edited:
Pleasantly surprised by Greek brewers. Johnnies' Beer lager is quite good, and their Hefeizen is refreshingly sour. Not as much as Berliner Weisse (yup I've tried it without the syrup) but close. From the mass-produced ones, Mamos is probably the most acceptable Greek lager.

Back