Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

My internet connection is so fucking bad that a friend of mine, who lives in the same part of town as me, just showed me a speedtest result literally a hundred(!!!) times better than mine. According to my ISP, better connection can't be implemented "where I live". Yet a couple of kilometers away it's completely fine? This is 2016, aren't we supposed to have the technology?

72d46900cdc697c8609b94518ec3a48c.png

2ea048a2a758529e3071d5945700b2c7.png

Your friend's internet connection is absolutely insane. I have a better connection than %99 of Turkey (apparently) and the best I've ever gotten was 60 Mbps.

I struggled through 0.80 Mbps download speeds for years until I moved to Ankara. Now that was fucking hell.

I know there are worse connections out there than mine. It just makes me wonder how such minor locational differences can amount to huge variations in quality.

Given that we were only up to about 70k when I joined, I think so. Then we'll move the goalposts.

Happy Halloween, everybody!

I started the night with spooky tunes (mostly Opeth), went out with my fiancé to an incredibly campy live performance of the Buffy musical episode, now I've poured my 5th pumpkin beer and preparing to watch some episodes of The Exorcist.

:cheers:

You can't know when a celebrity guest starts feeling a sense of intrusion in their privacy, so in my view it makes sense for the hotel to impose a strict ban on these things for their staff. Having stalked Steve Harris outside a hotel myself, I can tell you that celebrities always run the risk of being ambushed by fans as soon as they walk out the door. So I do think that for the money they pay, they are entitled to a guarantee of privacy for the entire duration of their stay, even if it's just the walk from the counter to the door. This may be different if the guest brings up his status himself, but it should never, ever be prompted by the staff.
:bigsurprise:Now I'm officially jealous of you.

Oh, I completely see why someone working at a hotel shouldn't approach celebrities like that. However, if it was a member of Maiden, that would be very hard to resist. If I got close to one, I might let out a little "Maiden rules" and see how they react or at least tell them how big of a fan I am if I end up having to service them.

Back