Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT!
I'm so excited!.

I hardly slept. :yawn:

If this is their last album, it's a cool cover to bring things full circle.

Yes, I briefly thought that. Dark background, Eddie (not doing a whole lot) dominating. As for a last album, though, to me that's up in the air, as ever. As per TFF, it could be their last....or they might decide to do another.

There's nothing about the released details of this album that gives me a (stronger) idea about the possibility that this is their last album. Maybe I am naive but if anything of my thoughts about this has changed, I'd even say: if a band can release such an ambitious work, then they also can continue longer.

I really hope that this beloved band follows Rush's footsteps, when they get to the point of stopping with (major) touring:

source:
The band’s future, beyond the end of this tour in Los Angeles on Aug. 1, is a question mark: “We’ve talked quite openly about this possibly being the last major tour that we’re going to do,” says Lifeson. “There’s no point in going out and being the ghost of yourself just to make a few bucks.” What’s more, having sacrificed family time for Rush’s career, he plans to be around for his grandchildren: “I want to be the custodian of great experiences for them—that’s a pretty important job.”

Still, with Lee living five minutes away in Toronto, Lifeson is always tempted to write music; “I know Neil would be up for it too,” he says. And with Danniels “cautiously optimistic” about adding tour dates, Rush’s ever-expanding cult needn’t wish for time to stand still.

+

source:
Rush let their manager, Ray Danniels, include a press-release line noting that their current run of dates will "most likely be their last major tour of this magnitude" — a very Canadian version of the splashy farewell outing that promoters wanted. "It's most likely our last tour," says Lee. "I can't say for sure. But it doesn't mean we don't want to work together still, it doesn't mean we won't do another creative project, and I've got ideas for shows we could do that don't involve a tour."

Last edited:
Maiden are getting older but I haven't heard about anything like the physical ailments that Peart and Lifeson have got. Yes I know Bruce just got over cancer, but there's now every reason to think he'll be back to full health at some point. Lifeson has arthritis in his left hand. I've got arthritis too and it's a serious thing. Bruce can get better, Lifeson and Peart have permanent problems.

Absolutely. But I have heard about Maiden wanting to stop if they want to stop touring. I just hope they'll do it the Rush way instead. :)

Last edited:
I can't see Steve Harris ever wanting to stop releasing music and doing shows. I can see him wanting to do less and less shows, but I can't see him ever wanting to stop.

Absolutely. But I have heard about Maiden wanting to stop if they want to stop touring. I just hope they'll do it the Rush way instead. :)

Yeah, I don't think Maiden could ever become a studio band. They thrive on touring and it's their main source of income.

Bruce and Adrian, however, could definitely keep making records together and playing some shows here and there. I'm sure Steve would continue with something in some way. But I think if touring ever became a problem due to old age/ailments/etc., it's probably be the last we'd hear of Nicko and Murray. Janick is the Wild Card.

Yeah, I don't think Maiden could ever become a studio band. They thrive on touring and it's their main source of income.

Bruce and Adrian, however, could definitely keep making records together and playing some shows here and there. I'm sure Steve would continue with something in some way. But I think if touring ever became a problem due to old age/ailments/etc., it's probably be the last we'd hear of Nicko and Murray. Janick is the Wild Card.

I think that when someone leave, they are done (outside of maybe some temporary member to finish out a tour that has already started). I just don't see them working in a new member at this point.

I think that when someone leave, they are done (outside of maybe some temporary member to finish out a tour that has already started). I just don't see them working in a new member at this point.

Agreed. Unless Janick leaves. They could keep going with only 2 guitars. :D

I actually like Janick, but I think this is true.

If I had to choose between Janick or Dave leaving, I'd choose Dave.

/braces for the tomato pelting/

I actually agree. Janick's playing may be wild and loose, but it feels like he still has something yet to say with his music, and especially with his songwriting. Davey is clearly safe in his happy town of auto-piloting.

At last report, Janick seems healthy, happy and engaged in life and music.
I think he is more into Iron Maiden than any member except Steve.

I can't wait for the proper start of the album promotion. It feels like ages since we had a good video interview or something with the guys...

I better start paying attention again. With a new album out, LC's ban fingers will get tired and his hammer may need replaced. :)

In other news, my house has been upheaved (is that a word?) for the last few weeks in preparation of new carpet, which will be installed tomorrow.

And Sammy Hagar is playing in the parking lot behind my work tonight, and I will be there.

It's Sammy and the 'circle'.

I think its Jason Bonham on drums and Michael Anthony on bass...but I'll check

If I had to choose between Janick or Dave leaving, I'd choose Dave.

/braces for the tomato pelting/
I actually agree. Janick's playing may be wild and loose, but it feels like he still has something yet to say with his music, and especially with his songwriting. Davey is clearly safe in his happy town of auto-piloting.
I don't agree, obviously; but it's an interesting point. It's actually hard to imagine what the band would do if such a scenario presented itself i.e. Dave leaving for whatever reason. I think Steve (& probably Adrian too) would find it quite difficult to keep touring in Maiden without Dave.

Back