Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Monster also has to pay over half of the Beastie's legal bill. Their total payout is almost 2.5 million.

The Beasties have always refused to license their songs for ads. They rapped about it. MCA put it in his will: no ads. So Monster likely figured: take the songs, pay a couple hundred thousand in a settlement, just as cheap. Their total payout here is probably around an order of magnitude larger than they planned on.
Awesome.

M.C.A. get on the mike, my man!
Born and bred Brooklyn
The U.S.A.
They call me Adam Yauch
But I'm M.C.A.
Like a lemon to a lime
A lime to a lemon
I sip the def ale with all the fly women.
Got limos, arena, TV-shows
Autograph pictures and classy hoes
Step off Homes
Get out of my way
Taxing little girlies from here to L.A.
Waking up
Before I get to sleep
'Cause I'll be rockin' this party eight days a week!

M.C.A. get on the mike, my man!
Born and bred Brooklyn
The U.S.A.
They call me Adam Yauch
But I'm M.C.A.
Like a lemon to a lime
A lime to a lemon
I sip the def ale with all the fly women.
Got limos, arena, TV-shows
Autograph pictures and classy hoes
Step off Homes
Get out of my way
Taxing little girlies from here to L.A.
Waking up
Before I get to sleep
'Cause I'll be rockin' this party eight days a week!

It's so cool that song is played on USA rock radio because of the guitar solo by Kerry King.

I repsect your opinion, guys, but that Beastie Boys song is one of the worst songs I've ever heard and I don't know how a guitarist can put so little melody into his soloing :D.

Yeah, I agree. For my standards, I'm in best shape ever though :p However, there's still long way to go before someone else would go "wow, you're in good shape!". I only told grandpa, dad and 2 friends that I'm going to the gym. And you guys :p Otherwise there'd be people who'd go "meh, you're not doing it good if you've still got a beer belly" even though it's impossible to get it to go away after 1 month.

I was completely out of shape when I started. I haven't played any sports in years... I'm pretty sure I haven't played basketball since the last PE class in high school 5 years ago. I stopped riding my bike like 4 years ago. Apart from walking and swimming a couple of times each summer I haven't really done any physical activity since high school.

Otherwise there'd be people who'd go "meh, you're not doing it good if you've still got a beer belly" even though it's impossible to get it to go away after 1 month.

Gotta turn a deaf ear on those people. Getting fit is a gradual process, every fit guy in the world had their baby steps and struggled mightily at first. Key is consistency and patience. Impatience is my kryptonite, I've been working on it.

Baby steps. I am getting in shape as well. 15 minuter gym every work day at the company gym + a physical job. I don't have the patience for long gym sessions. Every effort counts! Porrige is great for losing weight, I am going to try eating that a meal a day again... Starting next week.

He never had friends, either. :p
superscream-1427983640.gif

Back