Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Time to get home from work. Packing down all my stuff in bags and boxes today, moving. All IKEA furniture in place and assembled already. I'll be done in the end of this week, insh'allah.

Why am I telling you this?

• Because I'm bored
  • Because I want you to take part in my boredom
  • To increase the # of replies to this thread, of course  :D

Salaam.

Its Iron Maiden time on Sirius:  "Can I Play With Madness"

Deano, did you get to watch the race?  A friend of mine and I grilled some KC strip steaks and drank 2 6-packs of Paulaner while watching Busch win again.

I'm telling ya Wasted, Sirius is simply the best.

I was able to catch the last half of the race, it was good. Man, Busch is just unstoppable this year. It's pretty annoying actually. Maybe he should be sold to the Belgians like the other "Busch".  :D

Hey! I may be going to Pocono in a few weeks.  :)

Yeah, the bike shop I used to work at plays it all the time, and I'm spending a lot of time working part time there lately--- I'm gonna try to change the channel to the one that SMX was talking about earlier.

That is way cool on Pocono!  I'd love to go to a race!  Some day-- my buddy and I have been talking about going to Daytona next Feb.  And you are right, Busch is on fire-- I hate seeing it, but you can't help but watch in awe.

Good deal on Daytona, when the time comes, see what I'm doing. If you don't mind, I would love to go see a race there.

Completely pointless item of trivia:

I have driven a hire car on Daytona Beach.

Deano said:
Good deal on Daytona, when the time comes, see what I'm doing. If you don't mind, I would love to go see a race there.

If I'm going, you are always welcome to go!  I think that'd be a great time!

@Albie, that is cool!  When were you there?

November '88. It was not very bright that day and the beach was empty. I only had a week in Orlando and we spent one or two days travelling to a few spots. We also did a day trip to Miami.

If I'm going, you are always welcome to go!  I think that'd be a great time!

Sweet! Thanks Wasted, I have tried to go several times in the past and the plans always fell through.

November '88. It was not very bright that day and the beach was empty. I only had a week in Orlando and we spent one or two days travelling to a few spots. We also did a day trip to Miami.

Good deal Albie, sounds like you saw a good bit of Florida. I got to ride on the beach there once, was too young to drive at the time.

Yeah, I'm bored to tears...... When there's nothing going on in the military, there's really NOTHING going on.......

A week in Florida was not really enough - and it is still to date the only time I have visited the States.

I agree with Clarkson's opinion on it:

"One, you can buy for cheaper than it is to rent (a car on vacation).  Two, don't go to America."

So, what do you do, exactly?  Or is that top secret?

Nope, no secret in that regard.....

Of course, first and foremost, every Marine is a rifleman no matter what your military occupational specialty is (in other words, I get to have fun occasionally) but;

My actual job is a network administrator, build, maintain and deploy networks and workstations. I'm currently in DC though, so I support the head brass here while in garrison and also on trips around the world (as I'm sure you could have surmised from previous conversations).

Just like any good network administrator will tell you though, when things are working good and phones aren't ringing, there's sufficient downtime (to post madness of course!)

A techno-dude!

I'm kinda excited, I mite be getting the check tomorrow to fix my bike (after the kid backed over it)!

Deano said:
Of course, first and foremost, every Marine is a rifleman no matter what your military occupational specialty is (in other words, I get to have fun occasionally) but;

My actual job is a network administrator, build, maintain and deploy networks and workstations. I'm currently in DC though, so I support the head brass here while in garrison and also on trips around the world (as I'm sure you could have surmised from previous conversations).

Just like any good network administrator will tell you though, when things are working good and phones aren't ringing, there's sufficient downtime (to post madness of course!)

So you're a tech geek with a M4?

Back