Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Iron Maiden, 1986, in the song "Stranger In A Strange Land":
"No brave new world, no brave new world."

Iron Maiden, 2000, in the song "Brave New World":
"A brave new world, in a brave new world".

One of these contradictory statements must be wrong, and therefore a lie.
Therefore, we cannot trust that the song "No More Lies" actually means no more lies.

Which reminds me of my favorite pair of sentences:
The following statement is true.
The preceding statement is false.

No, wait, I take that back. Good as those two are, there are two which are even better to hear, if you're a defendant:
"We find the defendant not guilty".
"The defendant is free to go."

Unfortunately, I've never heard those words. Every time I've been to court, it's been trouble. Fortunately, my days of facing judges are behind me. But for the record, here are the crimes I have been charged with:
Disturbing the peace
Obstruction of a highway
Driving while intoxicated
Possession of marijuana

But the good news is, I was never convicted. I pled no contest to all of those, which is technically not a conviction. I'm also oddly proud to say I've been arrested for disturbing the peace. Somehow that just sounds like a cool crime.

That thought also came into my mind, Sinister Minister X. :)

When I first heard Stranger in A Strange Land, I thought that song was really Brave New World.

Damn I love oxymorons.

SinisterMinisterX said:
But the good news is, I was never convicted. I pled no contest to all of those, which is technically not a conviction. I'm also oddly proud to say I've been arrested for disturbing the peace. Somehow that just sounds like a cool crime.

'So I might as well begin to put some action in my life!'
'Disturbing the peace, disturbing the peace'
*Wham!*
'Disturbing the peace, disturbing the peace'
*Wham! Wham*
:smartarse:

Re: The Last Word

Two different excerpts from two different pets (found here):

EXCERPTS FROM A DOG'S DIARY -  Day number 1 OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE! OH BOY! A WALK! MY FAVORITE! OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE! OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE! OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE! OH BOY! THE GARDEN! MY FAVORITE! OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE! OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE! OH BOY! MOM! MY FAVORITE! Day number 2 through 180 OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE! OH BOY! A WALK! MY FAVORITE! OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE! OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE! OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE! OH BOY! THE GARDEN! MY FAVORITE! OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE! OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE! OH BOY! MOM! MY FAVORITE!

EXCERPTS FROM A CAT'S DIARY - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing! that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture. Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair...must try this on their bed. Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed about what a good little cat I was...Hmmm. Not working according to plan. Finally aware of how sadistic they are. Today I was chosen for water torture...It included a foamy chemical called "shampoo." What sick minds! My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth. There was some sort of gathering and I was placed in solitary  throughout the event. I ! could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of what they call "beer.." More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies." Must investigate to use it to my advantage. I am convinced the other captives are flunkies -- and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and happily returns. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird on the other hand is an informant, and speaks with them regularly obviously reporting my every move. His current placement in the metal room assures his safety -- but it's only a matter of time..

And the moral of this is twofold:

Don't harbour grudges, build up resentment and plan/do petty acts of revenge - like the cat.

Do live life to the full - like the dog. :D

Back