Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
I was in a record store today. I now know it was about one hour after the Queen died; at that time, I hadn't heard the news yet. The store was playing the Sex Pistols classic song "God Save the Queen". I got the connection just now.

Tonight, Brits start singing "God Save the King" for the first time since World War II.

Edington

Last Son of The Miracle
I started this week sans band. Then by Tuesday I had a rehearsal with a band.

This happened on Monday, and it went surprisingly well. It's a blues-rock type band, not entirely my cup of tea but the other guys are all solid musicians and fun to play with (oo-er!). Done a couple of covers that came together very easily and a few of the singer's originals. Those needed a bit of work, but sounded great for a first attempt.

By Thursday I had a possible gig for next Saturday with said band.

This got cancelled and un-cancelled a couple of times after the Queen's passing, but now isn't going ahead. It's a shame, but I must admit I was feeling a bit of pressure having only starting learning the songs less than a week prior. Still, it would've been a bit of fun, plus we'd get paid for it. But, never mind. Onwards and upwards. :)

Dr. Eddies Wingman

Brighter than thousand_suns
This happened on Monday, and it went surprisingly well. It's a blues-rock type band, not entirely my cup of tea but the other guys are all solid musicians and fun to play with (oo-er!). Done a couple of covers that came together very easily and a few of the singer's originals. Those needed a bit of work, but sounded great for a first attempt.

This got cancelled and un-cancelled a couple of times after the Queen's passing, but now isn't going ahead. It's a shame, but I must admit I was feeling a bit of pressure having only starting learning the songs less than a week prior. Still, it would've been a bit of fun, plus we'd get paid for it. But, never mind. Onwards and upwards. :)
Speaking of band, I had a little "WTF" moment when I saw a post in my Facebook feed under the category "Suggested for you".

The heading was that Opeth announce their new drummer. But I initially thought, as I browsed past it, that "Opeth seeking new drummer" and wondered why Facebook thought I would apply for the gig :bigsmile: