Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I started this week sans band. Then by Tuesday I had a rehearsal with a band.

This happened on Monday, and it went surprisingly well. It's a blues-rock type band, not entirely my cup of tea but the other guys are all solid musicians and fun to play with (oo-er!). Done a couple of covers that came together very easily and a few of the singer's originals. Those needed a bit of work, but sounded great for a first attempt.

By Thursday I had a possible gig for next Saturday with said band.

This got cancelled and un-cancelled a couple of times after the Queen's passing, but now isn't going ahead. It's a shame, but I must admit I was feeling a bit of pressure having only starting learning the songs less than a week prior. Still, it would've been a bit of fun, plus we'd get paid for it. But, never mind. Onwards and upwards. :)

This happened on Monday, and it went surprisingly well. It's a blues-rock type band, not entirely my cup of tea but the other guys are all solid musicians and fun to play with (oo-er!). Done a couple of covers that came together very easily and a few of the singer's originals. Those needed a bit of work, but sounded great for a first attempt.

This got cancelled and un-cancelled a couple of times after the Queen's passing, but now isn't going ahead. It's a shame, but I must admit I was feeling a bit of pressure having only starting learning the songs less than a week prior. Still, it would've been a bit of fun, plus we'd get paid for it. But, never mind. Onwards and upwards. :)
Speaking of band, I had a little "WTF" moment when I saw a post in my Facebook feed under the category "Suggested for you".

The heading was that Opeth announce their new drummer. But I initially thought, as I browsed past it, that "Opeth seeking new drummer" and wondered why Facebook thought I would apply for the gig :bigsmile:

It just occurred to me that the passing of the Queen has probably hit me harder because she is the only monarch I've ever known.

When my mother was my age she has witnessed the reigns of four monarchs, while my grandmother at the same age had already witnessed five (and she would up that to six by the time she passed away in the early '80s).

These figures do include Edward VIII of course, but even so ...

I don't know where to post this, but it's a thought that has been bouncing around in my head for a few days.

The fact that Zach Snyder put The Cranberries - Zombie as the playout for his actual zombie film seems so incredibly fucking wrong. There's been years of his fans online talking about his film sense and this seems to suggest he has none.

Got to sit in the 3rd seat in the cockpit of a Dash-8 on a 30min flight today :clap: very cool to observe how the two pilots worked together as a team. And the view from row 0,5 is somewhat better than what the other passengers had :cool:

Back