Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Midnight

The Ever Present "It"
I was going through my "to-listen" list, and it has three things I've never listened to that I've heard are great:
  1. Somewhere Far Beyond
  2. Iced Earth's Gettysburg trilogy
  3. ABBA
Where should I start?

Jer

Abysmal display of mental decay
I was going through my "to-listen" list, and it has three things I've never listened to that I've heard are great:
  1. Somewhere Far Beyond
  3. ABBA
Where should I start?
Believe it or not, ABBA will have the highest highs out of that list.

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
The Gettysburg trilogy is the best thing Iced Earth ever did imo. Rippers vocals are god level
Among the best yeah, as a trio definitely in my top 10 faves from them. I wouldn’t say Ripper’s vocals are god level but it is one of the best performances he’s put down.

That said, Jer is right.
Believe it or not, ABBA will have the highest highs out of that list.
ABBA is just great all around.

Perun

After the war?
Staff member
  1. Somewhere Far Beyond
  3. ABBA
Where should I start?

If you've never heard ABBA before you should indeed start with them, if only because of their importance for western popular culture. You don't need anything other than a greatest hits compilation unless you really like what you hear, but I think you should know those.

Midnight

The Ever Present "It"
  1. Somewhere Far Beyond
  3. ABBA
Where should I start?
There's also Alice Cooper, but I'll leave him for later.

____no5

Free Man
The Gettysburg trilogy is the best thing Iced Earth ever did imo. Rippers vocals are god level

Maybe not the best but pretty divine, yes.
Dante's Inferno or Something Wicked Trilogy are pretty decent too. Musically Gettysburg is better but the voice of Barlow is next level mighty in my opinion. And let's not forget the whole Horror Show!

Boroking

In the mire of an ancient swamp
Maybe not the best but pretty divine, yes.
Dante's Inferno or Something Wicked Trilogy are pretty decent too. Musically Gettysburg is better but the voice of Barlow is next level mighty in my opinion. And let's not forget the whole Horror Show!

The Something Wicked Trilogy is ace, no denying it. But the way Ripper delivers the verses on ‘The Devil to Pay’ brings me out in shivers

____no5

Free Man
I like better High Water Mark. The moment when he signs "God forgive me, please forgive me, it's all my fauuuult" is the peak of the trilogy and one of the finest moments in Metal.

Boroking

In the mire of an ancient swamp
I like better High Water Mark. The moment when he signs "God forgive me, please forgive me, it's all my fauuuult" is the peak of the trilogy and one of the finest moments in Metal.

Funnily enough I remember that moment well, as many years ago I was being told a series of important things by my then girlfriend, but I wasn’t paying attention as the metalhead in the room next door was listening to the Gettysburg trilogy. It reached the ‘it’s all my faulttt’ bit and I did a fist pump and said ‘Ripper nailed it’ and she shouted and shouted and shouted at me because apparently I cannot prioritise properly.