Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

• iMac --> iPod --> iPhone: The holy trinity of Jobs' coming back.
  • Apple TV --> MacBook Air --> iPad: Jobs' second tier but still game changing products.
  • OSX --> iTunes --> iCloud: Jobs' best software achievements.
  • Intel transition: Jobs highest process achievement.
  • Apple Watch --> Air Pods --> M1 MacBook Air: Cook's best babies
  • Mac Pro (2019): Cook's second tier but quite a jaw-dropping.
  • APFS --> Rosetta II: Cook's best software achievements.
Apple Silicon miracle, belongs to both imo. Jobs initiated it, Cook completed /perfected it.

• iMac --> iPod --> iPhone: The holy trinity of Jobs' coming back.
  • Apple TV --> MacBook Air --> iPad: Jobs' second tier but still game changing products.
  • OSX --> iTunes --> iCloud: Jobs' best software achievements.
  • Intel transition: Jobs highest process achievement.
  • Apple Watch --> Air Pods --> M1 MacBook Air: Cook's best babies
  • Mac Pro (2019): Cook's second tier but quite a jaw-dropping.
  • APFS --> Rosetta II: Cook's best software achievements.
Apple Silicon miracle, belongs to both imo. Jobs initiated it, Cook completed /perfected it.
We've had Macs since 2008 and have never looked back. We've never installed any spyware or virus software and have never had any problems. On Windows, we were running that stuff all the time it seemed like. It's so nice to be free of that.

1) It's false that there's no viruses or spyware on Macs
2) Windows Defender, which is bundled, does a perfectly good job keeping people safe. I haven't installed a dedicated antivirus in 10+ years.

We've had Macs since 2008 and have never looked back. We've never installed any spyware or virus software and have never had any problems. On Windows, we were running that stuff all the time it seemed like. It's so nice to be free of that.

2010 here. I’m deep in the Apple Ecosystem and it’s the Mac that started it and still bonds it together. I mean iPhone is great but a flagship phone from X company today + Google Cloud with do the job. Same for tablets watches etc. It’s the Mac that really sets Apple apart as the macOS is still head and shoulders above Windows for personal use.
Of course once you are in the Apple Ecosystem you are fucked already as it’s like a walled garden you don’t like to go out. Need to spend more money too. Which is why developers focus more on iOS than Android.
iOS could have something like 20% market share globally but probably more than 80% (my numbers maybe not right 100% but pretty indicative).

I have zero experience of Android and I would like to try at some point. I mean the whole package, including Google services, coupled by a Garmin watch maybe. But being in a country that in order to access anything Google, Dropbox, WhatApp you name it, you need VPN there’s no motivation to try.

I was using Windows, but switched to Linux (Fedora) a few weeks ago. It went a lot better than I was expecting - the software I use runs on Linux, Wine takes care of the few programs that don't work, and I still have Windows dual-booted in case something requires it. Setting it all up was quick, too. I needed to look up a lot of stuff in the first couple of days, but now it's much smoother.

I mean the whole package, including Google services
Which Google services are you talking about?

Google docs, Google Maps, Photos Contacts, Notes the whole ecosystem.

I don’t even know them all I’ve been Apple most of my digital life. I think they even have a Music service, TV box & TV service.
I use Apple Music a lot, which is better than Spotify for my needs but Apple TV+ is not terrific.

They might even have Gaming platform similar to Apple Arcade but as I told I’m not up to speed outside Apple, I’ve been in the walled garden for long time.

Saw Paul McCartney last night .. expensive show, but a lot of fun. He played 2 hours and 45 mins. His voice is not what it was, but the guy is 79 and still sounded good (and he got some help with backing vocals from the rest of the band). Ton of fun, really good stage show

Added bonus, a fairly new venue (less than 2 years old) that has really good acoustics. I hope Maiden starts playing here when they are in the area

Set list

I was going through my "to-listen" list, and it has three things I've never listened to that I've heard are great:
  1. Somewhere Far Beyond
  2. Iced Earth's Gettysburg trilogy
  3. ABBA
Where should I start?

Back