Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

When talking about how 2020 is a bad year remember that, right now, some places are suffering under a literal plague of locusts.

Today I had the pleasure of adding a new airfield under my belt. Fagernes Airport, located just southeast of the Jotunheimen mountains, was a commercial airport until a few years back when this was discontinued. After being closed to everyone except the local flying club, it has now been opened for general aviation and today I flew there with two club mates in a C172. As I have done several times with these two, we made it a 3-leg trip. I was backseat passenger on the first leg, to Fagernes, before taking the pilot seat for the 2nd leg, from Fagernes to the more familiar airfield Starmoen - a hub for air sports in south-east Norway. When we arrived there, a glider waiting for towing was occupying the asphalt runway ...

Fortunately, I did some takeoffs and landings on the grass on that very airfield in September last year, with an instructor, so I was confident in putting the plane down on the grass next to the runway. My first landing on grass without an instructor turned out to be a pretty good one! After landing we got the pleasure of watching the glider being towed by another aircraft.

For the leg back to our home airfield, I took the "co-pilot" seat and spent 50 minutes looking for suitable landing fields and non-existent traffic.

Last edited:
Mafia survivor!
Mafiarendum?

Today I had the pleasure of adding a new airfield under my belt. Fagernes Airport, located just southeast of the Jotunheimen mountains, was a commercial airport until a few years back when this was discontinued. After being closed to everyone except the local flying club, it has now been opened for general aviation and today I flew there with two club mates in a C172. As I have done several times with these two, we made it a 3-leg trip. I was backseat passenger on the first leg, to Fagernes, before taking the pilot seat for the 2nd leg, from Fagernes to the more familiar airfield Starmoen - a hub for air sports in south-east Norway. When we arrived there, a glider waiting for towing was occupying the asphalt runway ...

Fortunately, I did some takeoffs and landings on the grass on that very airfield in September last year, with an instructor, so I was confident in putting the plane down on the grass next to the runway. My first landing on grass without an instructor turned out to be a pretty good one! After landing we got the pleasure of watching the glider being towed by another aircraft.

For the leg back to our home airfield, I took the "co-pilot" seat and spent 50 minutes looking for suitable landing fields and non-existent traffic.
Wait, you're landing on grass now too? :eek:

Ours is starting off extremely hot.
_112552507_1_2020-05-29t070233z_1235784333_rc27yg9irlpz_rtrmadp_3_minneapolis-police.jpg

_112552511_4e86b0db-6a0a-424f-9a83-fd101e11800e.jpg

I’ll say. It’s a scorcher!

I keep seeing this ad on the forum. It claims that “Sofia wants to meet you”. Sofia happens to be the name of a girl I like from university. Never had a proper conversation with her but I always say hi when I see her in the hallways. Haven’t seen her in like five months and now she wants to meet me!? What makes me hesitant is the second line of text which states: “The former beauty queen has been eyeing you. Contact her!” Thing is, my Sofia is a current beauty queen, not a former one. We’re probably talking about different Sofias, this ad and I. Disappointed but that’s life.

80BB1638-D1BE-4889-8997-4A502771C577.jpeg

I don't know how it happened, but I suddenly started liking Mastodon.
My listening order went something like this:

Crack the Skye (6 months ago) (meh) > Blood and Thunder (two days ago) > Steambreather (nice) > Blasteroid (crazy) > Emperor of Sand (I like it!)

Back