Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Splendid album. One of those moments where I wondered whether I actually only listened to Maiden for Bruce's input.

I’m not a gold digger.
:p
If you’re a Maiden fan and you haven’t listened to Accident Of Birth and The Chemical Wedding, then you’re only doing yourself a disservice. Compare them to Maiden’s output from the same time period and you’ll be reminded why Bruce and Adrian were critical components of the Maiden songwriting team. Also look for Adrian’s awesome shout-out to @Jer in the liner notes of The Chemical Wedding.

Tyranny Of Souls and Skunkworks are also worth your time, and there are a few worthwhile tracks on Tattooed Millionaire and Balls To Picasso as well.

Of particular note in Bruce’s solo work is how much better his vocals sound with natural phrasing instead of those Steve-Harris-induced vocal abortions where he refuses to adjust his lyrics to how people would actually say words. I wish that would happen more often in Iron Maiden songs.

A big police helicopter is circling overhead somewhere just north of here. Hope they're done before I intend to go to bed ... because that thing is noisy.

Of particular note in Bruce’s solo work is how much better his vocals sound with natural phrasing instead of those Steve-Harris-induced vocal abortions where he refuses to adjust his lyrics to how people would actually say words.

This is true. As good as he is on Maiden studio albums, the best of Bruce is featured on his solo studio albums.

There was one here earlier. I doubt it's gone between here and Norway though. Following a critical article by a victim of crime in the local paper, the police and local authority have decided to have a crackdown on the toerags who have been running riot on this estate for the past few months and using the place as a base for dealing. One little shit in particular has taken to riding a quad bike very fast along pavements, cycle routes, and weaving in and out of traffic on the main road, just missing cars and pedestrians. He nearly hit my parents a few months back, then turned back to launch abuse at them for getting in the way.

So I had coffee and was reading the news while my parents were watching an old German family film from 1956. My dad was completely immersed in nostalgia. At one point, I look at the screen and see some guy surrounded by about ten children, saying: "Do you know the story of the panzerkreuzer that always brings candy to the negro children at the equator?"

I'm like, :blink:. My parents on the other hand had no particular reaction whatsoever.

:blink:

Back