Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

And this is one of the reasons it took Opeth and Bolt Thrower to get me into the genre - the titles.
Yeah. Amputated isn’t high culture but slamming death metal is sort of that genre I can fuck off to despite how stupid the vocals are and how dumb the bands seem. It’s just fun for me.

When I was younger everyone my age looked down on stuff like Thomas; they were already on to the next craze and I had no one to talk to about my interests. At the same time, I was reading classic novels that no one else my age read, so talking about those, while it was slightly more respected, just fell on deaf ears. As I’ve gotten older and have been able to have an outlet for my interests, I’ve been able to feel more at ease with myself. I’ll decide if what’s befitting my age to be interested in, thanks. And I’ve had enough encounters with adults to come to the conclusion that it’s less childish to read children’s books than it is to get drunk every Tuesday.

No worries mate. It's less silly to like Thomas the Tank Engine than it is to be so upset about people liking Thomas the Tank Engine.

Oh yes. Not to mention the evil Calormen being pretty much Muslims. We had a scary Methodist teacher at school who insisted on pointing out all the poorly hidden Christian stuff in the Narnia books.

It becomes less of a revelation when you consider the non-fiction works of C.S. Lewis.

Last edited:
Over 40 different authors, and no editor ;)
From my experience as an author, I find editors grossly overestimated.
From my experience as an editor, I can testify authors are mostly unbearable.
From my experience as a reviewer, I honestly think both groups should best be hanged, drawn and quartered, something many authors and editors feel about reviewers.

From my experience as an author, I find editors grossly overestimated.
From my experience as an editor, I can testify authors are mostly unbearable.
From my experience as a reviewer, I honestly think both groups should best be hanged, drawn and quartered, something many authors and editors feel about reviewers.
Reviewers inevitably don't read the paper properly. :mad:

Yeah, very funy, stupid Bible, stupid Christians (and Jews) stupid Lewis, stupid Tolkien as well, I guess.

Somebody is offended, I take it.

Nobody really called anyone stupid, anyway. Bible was called an inconsistent book and Lewis' Christian apologetics were mainly pointed out as a reason for Christian themes in the Narnia books. That was that.

Reviewers inevitably don't read the paper properly. :mad:
Well I do. Or try to, at least. I normally print it out because I've noticed that reading it from the screen isn't the same, and submit the review only after I have read it at least four times. Except when the paper is of so obviously poor quality that it shouldn't have been submitted in the first place.

And that's slightly below the waste, Judas. You know, or I hope you know, that I would never dream of offending you personally or your beliefs, but I don't understand why that should be a taboo subject.

It's not a taboo subject. It's just a rather frequent subject. Reading that many off-topic posts about those stupid Christians who did this and that in the Coronavirus thread made me a bit touchy feely.

Anyway, I'm not even offended, just kinda rolling my eyes almost anytime this forum gets around to discussing religion.

Sorry if you felt attacked, sorry if I seemed thin-skinned.

Moving on, please. :hello:

EDIT:
Somebody is offended, I take it.

Nobody really called anyone stupid, anyway. Bible was called an inconsistent book and Lewis' Christian apologetics were mainly pointed out as a reason for Christian themes in the Narnia books. That was that.

Same here. Sorry to look too jumpy, I know this all was probably mostly in good humour.

Once again, I apologise.

It's not a taboo subject. It's just a rather frequent subject. Reading that many off-topic posts about those stupid Christians who did this and that in the Coronavirus thread made me a bit touchy feely.

Well stupid Christians have done a lot of stupid things as pertains to coronavirus, organized institutions especially. That doesn't mean all Christians are stupid, that's why it has a qualifier before it.

Well stupid Christians have done a lot of stupid things as pertains to coronavirus, organized institutions especially. That doesn't mean all Christians are stupid, that's why it has a qualifier before it.

Well, I myself am a bit partial even to one of the organized institutions and I guess there is a difference between secular and religious viewing of what is "stupid", but I get your point.

Anyway, again, like in my previous post, I don't feel offended and I don't wish to dig myself deeper (or to get into a heated debate), so I'm just gonna put this one here
:hello:
and tell you I love y'all and pray for y'all.

And yeah, Lewis was a bit heavy-handed. Though Tolkien was too. Like seriously, it's whacking you over your head once you know where to look.

Stupid people are stupid, regardless of religious beliefs.
Well I do. Or try to, at least. I normally print it out because I've noticed that reading it from the screen isn't the same, and submit the review only after I have read it at least four times. Except when the paper is of so obviously poor quality that it shouldn't have been submitted in the first place.
And speaking of reviewers, the paper I recently resubmitted has two reviewers now so it shouldn't be too long before I get the second round of reviews. For the first round one of them definitely didn't read the paper properly. Sad!

https://www.catholiceducation.org/e...the-rings-is-both-christian-and-catholic.html

This is, like, just the jump off point. There's, like a million things, from the dialogue of Gandalf and Frodo in Moria, well, the name Moria itself (he himself denied it, but seriously, there's not a devout Catholic who wouldn't make the connection, so blame his subconsciousness if you must), there's the Christ-as-King (Aragorn), Christ-as-Prophet (Gandalf) and Christ-as-Priest (Frodo) with their respective attributes, Gandalfs resurrection, the whole ending (Frodo gets to the very end and would fail from his point of view, if there was not the action of Providence - Eru?) and so on. I believe even some books must have been written on this.

I just found that article for you, I've been mostly discovering it myself, but I can't afford writing everything down now.

He himself said it became more Christian on revisions and not everything must have been intended, but this book was really written by a beautiful mind. (BTW that's one of the reasons why I picked him as my baptismal patron saint.)

Back