Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Is that the NASA thing when they sent a film crew to the moon to shoot the fake moon landing?

It helps that squillions of families in North East England used to buy the Sunday Post, not sure why. Not sure why anyone buys it, actually, except for The Broons and Oor Wullie.

Sudden thought: could Cried be Oor Wullie? He has a thing about a guy with a bucket.

A representative of a teetotalist organization suggests tha all alcoholic beverages sold in Norway should have neutral packaging (i.e. no logos or fancy colours on bottles and cans). This so that Norwegians will drink less. Her response to some of the questions made me wonder if she was actually sober herself, because she was not making any sense.

A representative of a teetotalist organization suggests tha all alcoholic beverages sold in Norway should have neutral packaging (i.e. no logos or fancy colours on bottles and cans). This so that Norwegians will drink less. Her response to some of the questions made me wonder if she was actually sober herself, because she was not making any sense.
Pff, just ask Russians if "no logos or fancy colours" ever stopped them.

Well, that, or ...the fact that many young Norwegians have their first drinking experience either with stuff in white plastic cans, or cheap beer bought by older siblings, I doubt neutral bottles will change a thing.

:cheers:

I guess, however, that the teetotalers wouldn't have to feel tempted every time they visit a grocery store :innocent: Maybe that's the real motivation?

An unholy union of a subset of Christian conservatives ... and Labour/union people actually managed to get Norway to try out prohibition for a few years (1916-1927). Only light beer was allowed.

The prohibition was ended by referendum, one of quite few that have been held since the first one in 1905 (on dissolution of the union with Sweden).

PS: During prohibition, doctors still had the right to prescribe spirits for medical purposes. They did become quite creative ...

Back