Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I can't put up with Apple Music. Spotify is much more intuitive and user-friendly, not to mention the catalog which is still broader than Apple Music's. It's also far more customizable.

I buy physical albums as well, but streaming platforms are infinitely more accessible.

I have an iPhone and a Mac so using iTunes makes a lot of sense for me. If there is an album not on apple music I can just buy the disc and add it to my computer and phone.

Perhaps, but I'd much rather pay one amount and have that album in my hands. That way, if anything happens to my phone/computer /whatever I've still got it.
I understand your thinking, but here in Brazil, Spotify is much cheaper than physical albums. It's just not so much worth it anymore. But yeah, I still prefer CDs over streaming, and I buy them whenever I can.

I've never bought a digital album.
I haven't either.
See, your problem is owning Apple products.
I say this as an ex-Apple employee. Terrible company who wants nothing more than the inability of their users to choose what they do with their platforms.
True statement. I have considered building a PC and just getting rid of my Mac, though I don't see myself not buying another iPhone. I've never liked any other smartphones.

A lot of digital and streaming services are cloud based, so something happening to your device doesn’t really make a difference anyway.

I’ve cut back pretty heavily on CDs but I still like vinyl in some specific instances:

I’ve cut back pretty heavily on CDs
Same here. Most music shops in my area are closing, and other stores like Best Buy don't sell CD's anymore. The only place I can really get CD's is amazon, and that is kind of expensive.

Now that I’ve actually got a record player, I’d like to go forward and start building up my collection, but it isn’t gonna be the easiest thing in the world because they’re more expensive than CDs and stuff.

Usually I just listen to stuff via YT because Spotify puts me on shuffle and I use my phone to do most of listening. Not ideal, but it gets the job done.

I like to have CDs but I don't currently own a CD player or have space for one in the crappy little studio flat I'm living in for now. I use Spotify at work on the computer and when I'm out & about on my phone. I will start buying CDs again when space and money permit.

Back