The Apprentice becoming...

Master!
Apprentice!
Listborn, Cried Seeker
Ranker!
Disciple!
In me the Listmaker!

:facepalm:

Unrelated. Had to listen to the song to gauge an understanding of it, as I never heard it before. Does anyone else hear 'Attero Dominatus' ?

Does anyone else hear 'Attero Dominatus' ?
Yeah, that was the first thing I thought of when I heard it, but it came out first so it isn't the rip-off.

Holy shit, it's "Attero Dominatus"! Someone tell Sabaton that Bazza is on the line! Seriously though, the similarities are striking. Both are good songs though, but I'd give the tip to Sabaton's (maybe it's bias, IDK).

3:30AM. Snowplows are hard at work visciously scraping the quarter inch of snow from the pavement at my apartment complex.

Oatmeal > Weetabix
giphy.gif

Apparently the Chinese are cutting down ground army personnel by 50% and shifting focus to highly modernize the rest, leaving more cash for navy and air force where the big increases in capacity are expected. While this is expected from 21st century modern doctrine, and all that cyber/robotic vs foot soldiers stuff that goes with it, I can also see that China doesn't foresee any big escalations on the Asian mainland (vs India or vs Russia) for the implementation time, which may be 15-20 years to fully shift the army doctrine and equipment.

A lot of people from our parts of the globe don't understand that after Sino-Soviet split they were not exactly the best of friends and although not much strategic capacity of USSR was to be left on the Chinese problem, the deterrent was the quantities of the land forces and especially the reserves. All these people and logistics cost a lot of money, and both sides have been deescalating the numbers assigned since the mid 80s.

So you've probably all seen that "Best in prayer" is an anagram of presbyterian.

But so is prest i Bayern (Norwegian for priest in Bavaria ...)

So the question is, are there any Presbyterian priests in Bavaria?

A friend asked me to describe why I love heavy metal, and I included this:

5 Scotch LC said:
But at the same time, it's sometimes so fun. I mean I love Gloryhammer, which is a band that describes themselves as "We are Gloryhammer from Outer Space and we sing songs about hammers!"

The most recent Gloryhammer album is set in the future of 1992 where the Intergalactic Kingdom of Fife is suddenly under siege by the evil wizard Xargothrax, imprisoned at the end of the last album (wherein he destroyed the city of Dundee with an army of undead unicorns). The wizard breaks free and slays the Space Knights of Crail who are sworn to keep him imprisoned then opens a portal to Hell under Dundee to summon the demons. So Angus McFife XIII takes up his ancestral Hammer of Glory and has it reforged in a neutron star, then joins forces with the other ruler of Earth, The Hollywood Hootsman, who is both the ruler of California, a savage barbarian, and a cyborg robot (so he's Arnold). They resurrect the Space Knights of Crail as holograms and then do battle with Xargothrax, which only ends when Hollywood Hootsman descends into the Hellpit of Dundee and detonates his fusion core to destroy Earth and end the demonic threat.

Back