Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I find the difference between Malta and Cyprus quite remarkable. Is there a mountain region in Cyprus where it actually gets cold on a regular basis, or is the record a result of many coincidental factors causing this outlier?

Also, the position of the marker for the Norwegian record is inaccurate. It should be in Karasjok, further east.

The Troodos mountains get fairly high, I think.

I find the difference between Malta and Cyprus quite remarkable. Is there a mountain region in Cyprus where it actually gets cold on a regular basis, or is the record a result of many coincidental factors causing this outlier?

Yup, I knew that negative degrees haven't been recorded in Malta but that it's so far separated from the rest of Europe is remarkable.

On the topic of temperatures, my father's father, who lives in Siberia, called one winter many years ago and said: "Today is the same temperature as on the day I was born: -43C."

Work Christmas meal is tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. There could be a lot of :cheers: too.
Ours seems to have been replaced by a New Years party, and just like the Christmas party has used to be in November, the New Year party will be two weeks into the new year. And I'm probably going to be away on a work trip, and miss the whole thing ...

Please move these to the Rant Thread.
pooh-to-you-with-knobs-on.jpg

Lewis Hamilton referred to the town he grew up in, Stevenage, as "the slums". :lol: The local council is unhappy about this comment of course, but I think the worst thing is that it's grossly patronising towards people who live in genuine slums in cities like Sao Paulo or Bombay. What a fucking stupid thing to say with a microphone in your face.

Back