Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Thanks for the post, NP. I'm sorry to hear you've been rather down and out lately, but a lot of what you wrote rather resonated with me personally. Since a few years now I've kinda had a slight break from reality mentally. The fact that I'm real and that I exist has boggled my mind a lot, but it took a drastic turn about a week ago when I had a panic attack in the middle of the night about my mortality - hence the posts in the Rant Thread which, while they probably seemed silly to the rest of you, were rather what was needed to help me move past. Since then I've just been kinda... living through the days thinking that every small piece of my body is gonna end up killing me and wondering what the fuck is beyond this when it all comes to an end.

Things took a really big dive Friday when I nearly passed out after a discussion of the effects of cannibalism in my English class somehow triggered something and... it was not fun. Luckily the rest of the day was fine and I've been feeling better since, but it's still really weird to me, especially because cannibalism doesn't faze me as a rule.

At this point, outside of my IRL friends, the one thing that helps me the most is music and being able to discuss that music with other people. Despite my zany posts here, overall MaidenFans is a place I like a lot because people have a lot of the same interests as I do. I used to be rather a... control freak with what others like and stuff but ever since my snappy response to GhostSword's post earlier this year I've fought to calm down and just accept that lots of people have different tastes. So currently if a post of mine seems to be an attack on someone, it isn't my intention and I usually do it now for... I dunno, sarcasm? Irony? To be funny? Something like that.

I almost hate to bring this up because it's NP's breathing time right now but I felt I had to write this. Feel free to ignore it or something.
Well now you've got some kind of excuse for your abominable stance on Purgatory.
Cheer up Diesel, and don't be bothered by things you have no control on.
Leave that to Christians & Co.

Genuinely sorry to hear that peeps are struggling with stuff like anxiety & depression, but glad this place is some sort of safe refuge. And agree with all the sentiments expressed, particularly LC's about it being good to talk...
Agreed. We've seen some people go through some horrible things here. This place will do its best to take care of you - I can promise everyone that.

And the offer stands for anyone else who needs to talk - anytime. If you're on the chat, zing me there, or you can reach out via private message, or whatever! We will always support you.

Between doing two jobs, bringing up a kid, taking care of a household and budgeting, I have absolutely no time to worry about anything more abstract than dinner and falling asleep as soon as possible. Keeping yourself busy can actually keep bad thoughts away. Tried and tested.

Between doing two jobs, bringing up a kid, taking care of a household and budgeting, I have absolutely no time to worry about anything more abstract than dinner and falling asleep as soon as possible. Keeping yourself busy can actually keep bad thoughts away. Tried and tested.
Not to mention dealing with a boarder.

7de9eeff383d571901bab43f37fe2db9.png

431708c550af6c7c9976d464c4e7604a.png

I almost hate to bring this up because it's NP's breathing time right now but I felt I had to write this. Feel free to ignore it or something.
Nah, I'm glad that I inspired you and The Flash to post about it, I feel like it's better talking it out.

I first thought these were patches for your butt. :facepalm:
I knew what it was, but you beat me to the joke. Sad!

Gosh, even Cried is being serious. :eek: Was compassion in the most recent upgrade?
He's a big softie.

Sorry to hear it NP. Nothing to be embarrassed about, obviously. Hope whoever prescribed you antidepressants knew what they were doing. Unfortunately, with or without them, you've got some hard work to do in your mind. Please beware of glass doors. See you. Love, Magnus.
Thanks. Yeah, I know that there's nothing to be embarassed about. My mom is in denial phase and is trying to get me to take supermarket sedatives which don't work on me instead and got angry when I told other people about all this.

I've said it back in July that I'm gonna go to a therapist once, because I honestly thought it'll be bullshit and useless. I was wrong. She's super awesome and helped me a lot already. This antidepressant has side-effects in the first few days or weeks though. This morning, when I was writing my post, I felt flu-like sickness from it - headache, nausea, dizzyness, cramps, nueverything. Called the therapist and she assured me that it'll have to be like that during the first week or two, depends on the person, and from then on it should be much better. And that I can take some bromazepam along with the antidepressant when it gets bad to calm me down.

Yeah, I know that there's nothing to be embarassed about.
When I was in first year university, I had a friend named Greg. Greg is from small-town Nova Scotia, and he had a lot of trouble socializing and stuff, and really rapid (and frankly, frightening) mood swings. We got him in to see a shrink and he was diagnosed with a disorder and put on anti-depressants. Went home and his mom found out and freaked out, flushed all his pills down the toilet, and told him, "No son of mine is going to be one of those faggots (apologies, it's a quote) on head pills."

So I called her and I told her exactly the difference. Before the pills he was occasionally violent, threatening self-harm and unable to handle emotions. After, he was calm and stable in many ways. She was absolutely shocked that I'd call her, and I told her that if I had to come to their town and show her the difference, I would - and if he had to stay here or go to my family's in the future, we would. She backed off, and he's since become a normal, productive, married member of society.

This stuff helps and when people don't accept that their kids need help, it can hurt. I'm glad you're doing OK with that, but hopefully she comes around.

Back