Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

That's good to hear, glad you enjoyed it. At the moment I'm so skint I cant even afford a postage stamp, so god knows how I'm gonna pay my way when I go to see Slayer in November:confused:

So the CBC has been running an indepth investigation into LiveNation/Ticketmaster's scams pricing and reselling programs, and it's been pretty damning so far.

For reference, this started last year during the final tour of The Tragically Hip. The singer was dying of brain cancer and the tickets were literally the hottest commodities in town, but the final date sold out instantly and it was estimated that less than half of the tickets went to real people (some say as few as a fifth). This has clearly led to some in-depth journalism.

"I'm getting ripped off": A look inside Ticketmaster's price-hiking bag of tricks

'A public relations nightmare': Ticketmaster recruits pros for secret scalper program

Highly recommended reads for those of us who like concert tickets.

Grumble ... grumble ... had to cancel flying both today and tomorrow. Too much crosswind for solo training. Seems that out of the four lessons I had booked this week, I'll end up flying just one ...

So the CBC has been running an indepth investigation into LiveNation/Ticketmaster's scams pricing and reselling programs, and it's been pretty damning so far.

For reference, this started last year during the final tour of The Tragically Hip. The singer was dying of brain cancer and the tickets were literally the hottest commodities in town, but the final date sold out instantly and it was estimated that less than half of the tickets went to real people (some say as few as a fifth). This has clearly led to some in-depth journalism.

"I'm getting ripped off": A look inside Ticketmaster's price-hiking bag of tricks

'A public relations nightmare': Ticketmaster recruits pros for secret scalper program

Highly recommended reads for those of us who like concert tickets.
For some shows, literally every front row seat to a few rows back is only available if you buy a VIP package. It's really sad that things have gotten like this.

Back