Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Dr.: I used more force then it was wise, while trying to take the old battery out and I assume it bent or somehow the chemicals inside touched, then hell and fire was spawned to be released.
Ouch.

Yes, the different compounds inside the battery is more than ready to react if they come in direct contact with each other ...

I charged up my tablet for the first time in about a year yesterday and it got worryingly hot. I was similarly worried about hell and fire being spawned to be released.

Sounds like fun

:confused:

speedo+hell.jpg

url

Yes, the different compounds inside the battery is more than ready to react if they come in direct contact with each other ...
Actually Lithium is likely to spontaneously combust if it comes in contact with air
Also can happen with laptop batteries if they are depleted all the way, so charge them regularly or dispose of them safely, don't just leave them laying around ;)

I had no idea changing phone batteries was so risky ...

Anyone planning to come to Brum by train today, be aware that there was major chaos yesterday caused by buckled rails somewhere near Banbury (the heat, you know). Hopefully they will have fixed the damage overnight but it's highly likely that everything running will be at snail's pace if it's hot again today. Just something for you to bear in mind.

Oh, and happy birthday Bruce!

Why are lithium batteries not permitted in hold luggage in planes? Is it something to do with the surrounding atmospheric pressure?
There's another interesting air accident report you can get relating to this. It was a 747 cargo plane in UAE.

Good god, here we are. I’m about to completely shut down but I need a room in this hotel first. Whew.

Back