Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

More stall practice today, this time with flaps and some engine power. It's incredible how much I have to pull back on the stick to get that machine to stall with full flaps and, say, the power I'd use for a standard landing approach. My instructor was happy with the recovery as well.

Annoyingly though, I still have a hard time finding the perfect trim to maintain altitude accurately. I tend to drift 50ft/min as soon as I start looking at other things than the horizon or the VSI ... Instructor says it's almost good enough, but that won't do.

50ft / min doesn't seem much, but it does add up. When you taxi a small boat in a dense harbour you need a lot of patience and rudder corrections to keep the course steady, some of it may depend on cutting engine power at a point and riding the inertia for a while, so there must be some degree of precision. You're into speeds two magnitudes above and have an extra physical dimension to account for :D

I've been trying for a few months to get a friend of mine into Maiden, and I think I'm getting her. She was first introduced to Maiden by some songs I sent her (I think "The Legacy", "Sign of the Cross" and "Wasted Years"), and she's been wanting to know more and more ever since. Then I showed her Somewhere Back In Time (which, I think, is the perfect introduction to Maiden), and she fell in love with it—"Phantom of the Opera" became her favorite. I was going to show her From Fear To Eternity as well, but on Christmas' Eve last year she texted me because her uncle had put on a few bits of Rock In Rio and En Vivo! videos, and she was freaking out. She chose to skip FFTE and go straight for the albums. We've already listened to the debut all the way through Powerslave + Live After Death, and she's loving it. I think we got another Maiden fan in the making—and my God, is it fun to watch the reactions of Maiden first-timers. :D
Much better than my valiant attempts; the two lasses I've tried to create Maiden fans out of have told me that they "enjoyed it, but it's not really my thing" or "I liked it" and then never said another thing about it lol.

Wouldn't be cruel at all, but I think there's such a crime as being drunk in charge of livestock on a public road.
Even if it's the livestock that's drunk and not the person in charge? :eek:
And making someone, horse or not, who's quietly sleeping it off, to do anything involving physical effort, is cruel, trust me.

Personally, I'm not nearly as disturbed by the fact she rated PS as low as 5/10 as by the fact you rated Korn as high as 5/10.

At least she listens to Korn...I mean that's not half bad, maybe about a 5/10. I hope she's into the older stuff because those are about 8/10s :D

Back