Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Well, hopefully that helps out. Dealing with health insurance like that is way above my usual thought process.
It used to be much easier to deal with ... and I guess it still is not that bad, I just use a broker. Oddly, I could not keep the plan I liked .. thought I heard a promise that I could?

It used to be much easier to deal with ... and I guess it still is not that bad
I send in a form every 5 years and I get a card. It's pretty good.

Oddly, I could not keep the plan I liked .. thought I heard a promise that I could?
Turned out to be a lie. What can you do? At least the program has a) gotten more people to get health insurance and b) helped keep the cost of insurance from rising as fast as it was before the ACA. And provided more tax rebates too for people who get it, so that's nice.

What I can do .. and am doing is paying way more for a plan that covers a bunch of crap we will never use pretty well and covers stuff we actually will use not as well as it used to.

Which is why the cost of insurance is not rising as rapidly, the coverage is poorer. The only decent thing is that plans (mainly employer based) are moving more towards an HSA model, which is what they should have done to start with instead of all this other crap.

In other good news, like any system, it is pretty easily gamed, so I got my kids on their own plans versus paying for them like I always have and since they are away in school, they are getting massive subsidies because technically, they are poor .. so I guess that difference gets me close to even with all the extra out of pocket costs.

Still a pain in the ass and I feel badly for other self employed/small businesses that are getting hosed.

That might work well there, it would be a disaster here. See the VA.
Yeah, the VA is horrible - partially due to underfunding, partially due to stressors not expected, partially due to terrible management under successive American administrations going back to Reagan. Our Forces run their own medical services too, and it works very well, saved my dad's life twice.

Funny thing, I quite like the smell of the back of my dogs head. No idea why.

3.613 words today. Less text than last time and took me much longer to write.

Back