Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I only just realised that this month has 31 days. No wonder I've been getting all of next week's planning wrong. :facepalm:

Something I've learned over the last few month's is that there is genuinely folk out there that believe the earth is flat and the Sun and the Moon are roughly the same size and distance from earth. Seriously.

Something I've learned over the last few month's is that there is genuinely folk out there that believe the earth is flat and the Sun and the Moon are roughly the same size and distance from earth. Seriously.

Yeah, it has even some support from "celebrities" like Tila Tequila

tumblr_o0lt09Fx3w1tt9lrzo2_540.jpg

1452198592-tila-tequila.png

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

They seem to be increasing their presence, at least on the internet. A year ago, I had no clue that people would believe this, but I've bumped into their websites and YouTube videos with increasing and alarming frequency lately.

Its bizarre. They accept the fact that the moon is a ball and all the other planets - but not the earth.

What they can't grasp is the size of the planet and how small we are in comparison. And even if there is hundreds of thousands of satellites orbiting the earth, you won't see them in a photo from outer space.

It's common sense, man! Do you see the surface being curved anywhere? Check mate!

In other news, my experience with public transport today was this: In the morning, there was a guy on the tube who shat his pants. In the afternoon, an obnoxiously loud drunk on the bus. In the evening, a racist bus driver.

Back