Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Yep. Need to gain about 10 kgs/22 pounds.

I am trying to get rid just about that exact amount. Id be happy to send it your way ... though I will note, when I was younger, I had a really hard time keeping on weight. I have been 6'2" since High School and barely hit 150lbs back then, now I am 220. I think the 190 to 200 pund range is an ideal weight for me

@The Flash, you're in college now or? In that case I wouldn't mind your weight, it'll come up in time :) Don't stop with exercise if you don't see the results in near future. Or better said, don't put any goals for any physical work you do. The very work should be rewarding itself, not just the outcome ;)
For the record, I'm 6'3" with 198 pounds (1.90m, 90kg). 10 years ago, in college, I was around 163 lbs (74kg) and my bone build is strong so I was basically skin and bones.

What I would recommend to anyone are simple push-ups once you wake up, every morning. Do as much as you feel appropriate. Every morning. It really takes one minute, and only requires floor beside your bed. Even if you do not manage anything 'extra' that week, you've already done a lot.

Good words from Zare, although I would point out that morning is not the right time for everyone. When I do push-ups, I usually place them in the afternoon.

Don't stop with exercise if you don't see the results in near future. Or better said, don't put any goals for any physical work you do. The very work should be rewarding itself, not just the outcome ;)

I won't stop with exercise because attempting to gain weight isn't the reason I'm exercising. (Fixing my scoliosis is)

Just completed my first year of uni btw.

Last edited:
It would be exceptionally bad luck to be struck at Download and then struck again in Oslo a couple of days later.

Oh god, it's so difficult not to break the spoiler rule here & talk about how this song we're talking about right now might, or might not, be getting played on the current tour!

So difficult...

Good words from Zare, although I would point out that morning is not the right time for everyone. When I do push-ups, I usually place them in the afternoon.

Unless there is a reason you have to be a certain weight, I would not really worry about it too much, just eat healthy and do some kind of workouts. Getting in that habit will help prevent the "Holy shit, I used to be skinny, now none of my pants fit any more" moment that is bound to come at some point.

I had to for hockey, coach wanted me over 150 and I would eat like a pig to make weight and drop 7 pounds by the end of the game and start putting it back on. I am not really sure that was all that healthy. Luckily, I had an Italian Grandmother who had no problem making a metric ton of pasta at the drop of a hat.

Trying to gain weight is strictly for aesthetic purposes in my case. I don't like looking weak, it doesn't suit my personality or my looks.

But like I said, it's more of a by-product of my actual goal: Getting healthy.

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.
Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Brandy distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!
Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two body, your ratio two to one.
Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy: No pain...good!
Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetable be bad?
Q : Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Oh no! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.
Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!
Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for figure, explain whale to me.
Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!
Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.
And remember:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"
AND.....
For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.
1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans...
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

Played guitar in the school assembly hall today as it is the last day of school. It went as bad as it could've because of the hall's awful acoustics and the relatively bad amp. Countless playthroughs to master the song, an hour of setup to play 3 minutes of crappy guitar and look like a total beginner. I'm disappointed in life. I even dreamt about it going horrible tonight.

Back