Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Manowar announced their German tour for next year, and when I saw their ticket prices, I laughed out loud - 81 Euros. ::) Seriously, who do these guys think they are?

Depends on how you see it. For a metal gig: Yes. 80 Euros is top-tier, it's what you pay for bands like AC/DC and Black Sabath, and nobody understands why they should pay that much. Maiden and Priest go for 60 Euros, and that's already considered ridiculous. So picture this: Manowar demand more for their tickets than Maiden. Honestly.

Oh. That's all that I can say now. They have balls, that for sure. Maybe this is typo? Like they want 18 and someone just… no, that would be too funny.

I think they charge a ton when they tour here as well. I have no idea how well the shows do, but maybe they figure it would be about the same so they try and make more.

I was discussing this with another Maiden fan this week. I think ticket prices have rocketed in the past few years - along with prices of a lot of consumer goods - and we could be looking at £70 upwards to see a Maiden show. The ticket touts problem is getting worse, too, although sports events are being hit hardest.

Depends on how you see it. For a metal gig: Yes. 80 Euros is top-tier, it's what you pay for bands like AC/DC and Black Sabath, and nobody understands why they should pay that much. Maiden and Priest go for 60 Euros, and that's already considered ridiculous. So picture this: Manowar demand more for their tickets than Maiden. Honestly.

I remember we talked about this in the Manowar thread http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/manowar.21192/ It is ridiculous. Don't wanna spend that much money on them to be honest Particularly not since I just want to see what they are like live without being a fan or anything.

HEYYYYYYYYY!!!!! WHAT'S UP ALL!!!!!!!!!! OH YAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!! No, I'm not stoned or drunk. I'm just in a super happy mood after a good number of listenings to the new Maiden! WOWWWWWW!!!!!
Stayed up all night working! TBOS kept me awake. Especially The Man of Sorrows and Tears of a Clown.
Not being cheeky guys, but could you keep this BoS chat out of this thread? :grumble:
I don't want to read about it here.

@Black Wizard
You've seen Sepultura quite a bit, if I recall. What's the deal with them right now? I might go & see them in Glasgow in November, but have no idea what their line-up is or what they're like live now. Worth going & seeing? Last saw them in the 90's! :D

Manowar announced their German tour for next year, and when I saw their ticket prices, I laughed out loud - 81 Euros. ::) Seriously, who do these guys think they are?
That's Crazy! they just played monsters of rock and tickets cost 300 euros, so they think you should pay almost a 1/3 of that and not see a bunch of other great bands too? Who's supporting them?

Not being cheeky guys, but could you keep this BoS chat out of this thread? :grumble:
I don't want to read about it here.

@Black Wizard
You've seen Sepultura quite a bit, if I recall. What's the deal with them right now? I might go & see them in Glasgow in November, but have no idea what their line-up is or what they're like live now. Worth going & seeing? Last saw them in the 90's! :D

Wiz is at Reading festival this weekend. Not sure if he's there all weekend or just Metallica day.

Just a reminder to all - can you keep spoilerish TBOS discussion to the TBOS thread itself or the relevant song threads in The Iron Maiden Commentary section. Thank you. :)

The other day I sat down to a fish supper for my dinner & watched a documentary celebrating Sean Connery's 85th birthday, Sean Connery: In His Own Words...

Do you think that was a bit too Scottish?

The other day I sat down to a fish supper for my dinner & watched a documentary celebrating Sean Connery's 85th birthday, Sean Connery: In His Own Words...

Do you think that was a bit too Scottish?

That documentary was called In His Own Words and he didn't even appear on it :facepalm:

That documentary was called In His Own Words and he didn't even appear on it :facepalm:
Well, there was historical interview footage; but, yeh, he wasn't interviewed for this programme, as he doesn't do interviews anymore.
If you were wearing your baffies, yes
Have you heard of the word baffies? It's actually not a word I used a great deal growing up, as they're not something I often wore. Do you use the word down your neck of the woods?

Back