Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Just a few reasons why metal radio here in America sucks big time!

I haven't heard most of the songs on that list, but I can't imagine any of them are as good as "Lonely Boy".

About Coheed, they've been showing up in various recommended-for-you feeds for years, but I still haven't got around to listening to them.

Lonely Boy and Radioactive sure beats shit like Trapt and Sixx A.M. though. Might as well play more of that.

:yey:Finally, someone else on the forum who likes Coheed (even if you were drubl)

I got into them at the tail end of high school, but I still really like them (even if their recent efforts have not been as great as the earlier stuff).

I've got most their stuff, but the only album I listen to on a reasonably regular basis is Apollo Vol 1 - Welcome Home makes it into most my metal playlists though. Never found them to be bad, but they lack something to make them awesome!

Apollo Vol 1 & Vol 2 are my favorite records by them. No World For Tomorrow (Vol 2) is incredible. Last night's show they played their entire second album (In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3) and it was pretty sweet. It's a very good album, but I far prefer the next two.

I don't get how a band who has great songs such as this:

Also has horrible shit music such as this:

...I really like both of those songs. They definitely cross over from rock to prog to pop to metal very often and it can be quite jarring. I learned to just enjoy those silly poppy parts because they make the heavier stuff all the better. Sometimes you just need a catchy round of "whoa-oh's", as Maiden fans we can attest to that.

I saw Coheed open up for Maiden ... I thought they were okay ... nothing great, but not bad either.

I heard them play The Trooper live and it was pretty cool. I heard they played Heaven and Hell on those Maiden dates. Saw Coheed headline a show with Clutch as direct support...I love both bands, but it was one of the most bizarre pairings I've ever seen.

Their singer is like Geddy that way, a lot of people have a bad reaction to the vocals. I've found that playing a whole Coheed album, I get used to it by the end ... but it definitely takes a while.

It took me a year or so to get into his vocals, but once I did, I really liked them. Not the best, but it fits the music.

About Coheed, they've been showing up in various recommended-for-you feeds for years, but I still haven't got around to listening to them.

Check out "Welcome Home", which Travis posted, as well as:

No world for tomorrow is one of my all time favourite albums, certainly among the very best from this century.
Agree that their variety is jarring, but that's what makes them special; they aren't afraid to take risks.
The Geddy/Claudio comparisons are correct and I can certainly see why his voice can put people off them.

Lonely Boy and Radioactive sure beats shit like Trapt and Sixx A.M. though. Might as well play more of that.

I quite like SixxAM tbh, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. James Michael has a good voice, Ashba may be a bit odd but the playing is good and frankly the songs are well written imo, there's only one song on the second album I dislike and I find the first one to be solid. They're done to accompany books so they naturally aren't quite that straight forward, and I could understand people not liking them, but going so far as to say it's shit is a bit much imo.

Wasn't that a feature already? I see some statuses on my profile with comments. Unless I'm looking at something else.

My super amazing brother Ben enjoying a ride on the merry go round at our local mall.

SAKRAel.jpg

Back