Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

here's two leopard cubs from the Berlin zoo:

2-format35.jpg
meme_cry_png_by_mfsyrcm-d58vqic.png

Wasted Years is certainly a song that when I went to play on guitar I thought "huh didn't realise the verse guitar was like that", some songs are just easier to pick up than others.

This is true.

I just listen to which instrument/singer I want to at a given time. These days I find myself mainly listening to the instruments rather than vocals. Discovers new things and gets inspiration.

So I'm listening to the guitars from Wasted Years and realizing that at no point do I actually listen to the music when someone's singing.

But even though the vocals dominate - you will sure notice it if the guitar/bass/drum sound changes, right?

After listening to a song a few times, it becomes more of a picture where all instruments are an integral part. Like when I'm listening to The Prisoner right now, I anticipate not only the next vocal line, but the next guitar chord, how the bass will sound behind it, the pace and timing of the drums ... remove or change one and it would sound really odd.

I think you pay extra attention to backing parts if you have learned how to play them, or at least tried to.

In any case, listening over and over again helps you recognize every component.

Aside from Maiden themselves (& British Lion etc), who would have their own thread, is there an actual dedicated thread to discussing live concerts that you've attended? I see a few folks here saying who they're going to see, but the comments seem scattered around the forum.

Aside from Maiden themselves (& British Lion etc), who would have their own thread, is there an actual dedicated thread to discussing live concerts that you've attended? I see a few folks here saying who they're going to see, but the comments seem scattered around the forum.

Don't think so. You can make one though!

But even though the vocals dominate - you will sure notice it if the guitar/bass/drum sound changes, right?

After listening to a song a few times, it becomes more of a picture where all instruments are an integral part. Like when I'm listening to The Prisoner right now, I anticipate not only the next vocal line, but the next guitar chord, how the bass will sound behind it, the pace and timing of the drums ... remove or change one and it would sound really odd.
I hear the overall picture but I separate the vocals from the guitars and bass and drums quite easily, whereas the others I only really hear when they are focused upon.

Back