Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

No, stupid to avoid them. Flies have killed more people, by spreading disease. Spiders eat flies. Therefore spiders are our friends.

Sorry Saap, if you saw that.

I'm not a massive spider fan but I can deal with them. However, when I was a child I was about to walk upstairs one time but saw a spider the size of my fist and jumped six feet in the air!

It's like horses with their fear of snakes, (plus hosepipes and and anything that might possibly resemble a snake). If they got a bite in the leg it could be enough to make them lame and stop them being able to escape a predator.

It's like horses with their fear of snakes, (plus hosepipes and and anything that might possibly resemble a snake). If they got a bite in the leg it could be enough to make them lame and stop them being able to escape a predator.

Smart guys.

As for the phobia, I do think it's more prominent than anyone's arachnophobia I've come across. Most people just don't like spiders. For example, one time when I was just about to go to sleep, a spider appeared. I was too scared to go to the other end of the room to switch off the light, sharing the floor with the legged devil, because then I wouldn't know where he's headed. So I just went and slept on the couch.
The biggest ones - not huge in an international context but pretty much as large as they come here - I can barely even bear to look at. Summer is coming, hibernation is ending...

I've had a pretty colourful phobia before, to the extent that I couldn't read words that were close to the name of the thing I was scared of without getting intense fear. That's not one for an open forum, though, chat only!

Back