Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I've had that for about a year now actually. :) It doesn't always block everything because the advertiser's keep on coming up with ways to get around it, but then Adblock responds.:fencing:

Screw Java. My internet banking application says I need to update Java, but once I've downloaded the installation files for the last Java version and try to run them, I get notified that "Downloaded file C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.7.0_45-pfrom25-b17.msi is corrupt"

And the Java website contains a list of FAQs where the closest one is a general posting on corrupt files. This one tells me that "These errors are seen during installation process, which indicate that an installation did not complete. " Well, thank you for telling me - I really didn't notice!

:censored:

Edit: It turned out that downloading the "offline installer" worked. However, yesterday it didn't. The lovely world of software!

Last edited:
Having a pretty good Monday so far despite having switched shifts with someone and working till 7pm tonight. Life's too short to let every little bump in the road bug you. :)

Back